Ayurveda massage diploma in Snowdonia, April 2017
What better way to nourish the mind, body and soul than with warm, relaxing and healing oils, especially those geared to your own constitution. This has to be one of the most powerful mediums for calming, soothing and washing away any worries, anxiety or troubles you may have.
Learn how to deeply relax and nurture others. At the same time gain insights into how to empower people to love who they are as unique and powerful beings.
Main benefits of Ayurvedic massage
- increases longevity and prevents premature ageing
- deeply relaxes, reducing stress and fatigue
- strengthens the body, especially the immune system
- generates higher energy levels
- deeply nourishes the seven tissues of the body
- promotes sound sleep
- improves the texture and strength of the skin
- helps in the management of chronic pain and musculo-skeletal problems.
Ayurveda is a 6,000 year old therapeutic system that aims to maintain the health of body, mind and spirit. Ayurveda shows us that the natural elements, such as the warmth and light of the sun, the air we breathe, and the mineral and plant substances, have an immense therapeutic value. Intelligent use of these gifts of nature, combined with a wholesome diet and a positive mindset, contribute to a healthy and fulfilling life.
In Ayurvedic massage, natural herbal oils and powders are applied to the body using a variety of specific techniques. oils and treatment methods are chosen especially to suit the client’s constitution and skin type and so encourage deep healing and enable the client to maintain vibrant health.
‘This course is one of the few Ayurvedic Massage courses in the country. It is taught by one of the best training teams I have ever known. I will be recommending this course to many people.’
M.B. Retired, Manchester
What you will learn
- History and philosophy of Ayurveda.
- The elements, the doshas and the effect of their balance and imbalance.
- Taking a case history to determine your client’s predominant dosha.
- Selection of the Ayurvedic massage oils for your client.
- A variety of massage strokes and techniques of warm oil application to the body.
- ‘Hands on’ practice with course participants and staff to ensure correct massage technique.
- Traditional Keralan face-lift massage.
- Full body abhyanga.
- Correct positioning of your client.
- Keralan head massage.
- Marma point back massage.
Postgraduate massage therapies will be CPD and will include: shirodhara, Pinda svedhana and Bastis—netra, kati, janu and hridaya
I needed this, you gave it to me. I am eternally thankful of everything you have done for me.
It is really good to experience different teachers. There is always something new to learn.
I'd really recommend the Dru Workshops. I feel so revitalised and enthusiastic about life since attending, I definitely want to come to another one soon!