SARVANGASANA 1 - SIMPLE INVERSION
Welcome to the simple inversion. This session involves:
- preparatory neck movements
- how to move into the pose
- how to move out of the pose
- how to work with a blanket as a support tool.
- a modification using a blanket and chair.
The inverted position allows an easier flow of venous blood back towards the heart. It is especially beneficial for those of you who spend long hours on your feet.
Students suffering from varicose veins will also benefit from this posture. Go on - enjoy putting your feet up!!
This simple version of the Inversion posture is easy to perform. it is effortless and so it relaxes and soothes both the mind and the body.
This pose reverses energy flow back up the legs towards the head and heart. It has a calming and replenishing effect on the energy body.