Dru Yoga foundation course
Gain an excellent grounding in the essential foundations of Dru Yoga.
This course is an opportunity to deepen your understanding of Dru Yoga and take your personal practice to a new level. It has the added benefit that you can continue directly onto the Dru Yoga Teacher Training Course, with the first quarter credited to you.
This course is designed for:
- everyone who would like to develop confidence and create an effective personal practice
- those who want to explore Dru Yoga in more depth
- anyone considering joining the Dru Yoga Teacher Training course.
This 8 day foundation course covers books 1-4 of the 16 books of the Dru Yoga teacher training course. You can choose from day, weekend and/or residential formats.
Want to find out more?
The Foundation courses are a great way to explore your yoga practise in depth, without the full commitment of a 200h diploma course.
Develop a deeper understanding of Dru Yoga and take your personal practice to a new level.
Practise with confidence!
Develop a deeper understanding of Dru Yoga and take your personal practice to a new level. Dru Yoga is a graceful, yetpotent form of yoga, based on soft flowing movements, controlled directed breathing and visualisation. With its foundations set firmly in ancient yogic tradition, it works on body, mind and spirit – improving strength and flexibility, creating core stability, building a heightened feeling of positivity, and rejuvenation your whole being.
Learn the seven keys that will help you unlock the subtleties of Dru Yoga so that you can gain the maximum benefit from your practice.
The course was life changing. I started it purely for self development and to deepen my knowledge of yoga, but realised it was too precious to keep to myself and decided to teach. I discovered an inner stillness and capacity to deal with problems of life.
Venues and locations
We have many venues across the UK - and the world... Anyone for yoga in Australia?
Here are some of the upcoming foundation courses in the UK.
Dru Yoga Foundation Course content
On the Foundation course you will cover much of the basic understanding of Dru Yoga including:
Principles of Dru Yoga
- Principles of activation
- Energy Block Release sequence (EBR 1)
- Body preparation
Establishing a regular practice
- Pranayama Energy Block Release
- Pigeon breath
- Diaphragmatic breathing
- Mechanics of breathing
- Deep yogic breath—lying & sitting
- Prithvi Namaskara - Salutations to the Earth
- Surya Namaskara - Salutation to the Sun
Complementary Therapist, Exeter
I really enjoyed my first experience of Dru Yoga, the asanas, pranayama and relaxation experienced. Thank you Imogen and Anne.
- Savasana—corpse pose
- Adho mukha svanasana—downward facing dog
- Simple inversion
- Utkatasana—chair of the heart
- Paschimottanasana—sitting forward bend
- Makarasana—the crocodile
- What is meditation? Parts 1 & 2
- How to sit properly
- ‘Relax the whole body’ meditation
Anatomy & Physiology
- Overview of the nine systems
- The muscular system
- Understanding the koshas
- Understanding the chakras and nadis
- The spiral of empowerment
- Chakra dharana sadhana
- Chakra awareness
- Ajna Centring
- A brief history of yoga
- Patanjali’s Eight Limbs of Yoga
- Practical application of the Yamas and Niyamas