You can navigate challenges and stress when you are strong inside.
Dru Yoga, Meditation and Nidra techniques help you empower people to become anchored within.
Transform painful emotions into positive ones.
Align with your true purpose.
Become body-aware, harnessing the power of your breathing.
Discover how to move beyond mindfulness to inner design.
Call me, Mona Fairholme for a friendly chat: 07534 006092
We've been training yoga teachers for over 40 years.
We’ve trained more than 4,000 yoga teachers, who’ve gone on to enhance the lives of nearly a million people.
The course is structured for personal and professional growth and includes expert instructors to guide you every step of the way.
Above: Trauma-aware Dru Yoga in Ukraine in the 1990s.
Join a supportive community with a shared goal of making a positive impact in the world.
Dru Yoga is body-mind yoga at its best.
From war zones to executive suites, from professional footballers to aged-care facilities, from refugees to community halls, Dru’s unique combination of body, heart and mind methods take you quickly to inner empowerment.
For your personal and professional growth & development
Whether you plan to teach or just want to learn how to uncover your true inner potential, Dru YTT will give you the tools to transform yourself.
And in transforming yourself, you’ll discover how to help others transform themselves.
We are deeply committed to caring for our planet
Our Sustainability and Charity Projects
We believe that taking care of our environment is crucial for the health and well-being of ourselves and future generations. Read more here...
Our humanitarian projects in India aim to empower people at all levels from medical camps to youth education programmes and with clothing and food distribution. Read more here...
We aim to create positive change in the world, and we invite you to join us on this journey of sustainability and change.
The yoga that everyone can do
Overcome stress and anxiety
Within us all is the ability to stand firm and thrive amidst challenge. You’ll learn how movements guide awareness, breath empowers life-force, and mind opens your heart to soul force.
Expert tutors will help heighten your awareness
Discover how it’s the quality of awareness of your movement, breath and mind that leads to transformative empowerment.
Rather than try to achieve movements that few can manage, you’ll learn to support each person in their unique capabilities.
Build life-long friendships and supportive communities.
Dru Yoga teachers build empowered communities in their classes, at home, at work, and in whatever they do.
You’ll gain a deep understanding of group energetics which you’ll use to build warm, supportive friendships and transformative group synergetics.
Many HR professionals and management trainers do the Dru course to improve their group leadership skills.
Understand life and find your inner purpose
Uniting ancient wisdom with modern techniques, you’ll learn to harness the energies of all five layers of awareness: body, subtle energy, emotions, attitudes and spirit.
Our deep dive into yoga’s chakra system will show you practically how to design your life in the crucial arenas of abundance, relationships, projects, team-building, communication and living with day-to-day intuitive guidance.
Backed by research
Dru constantly updates its methods to incorporate the latest innovations in movement, health and psychological science. Scientific research has consistently shown how Dru Yoga techniques improve your back, reduce stress and risk of injuries, enhance mental and emotional wellbeing.
Hartfiel, N., Havenhand, J., Khalsa, S.B., Clarke, G. and
Hartfiel, N., Burton, C., Rycroft-Malone, J., Clarke, G., Havenhand, J., Khalsa, S.B. and Edwards, R.T. (2012). Yoga for reducing perceived stress and back pain at work. Occupational Medicine, (62)8:606-612.
In comparison to the control group, the Dru yoga group reported significant reductions in perceived stress and back pain, and a substantial improvement in psychological well-being. When compared with the control group at the end of the programme, the yoga group scores were significantly lower for perceived stress, back pain, sadness and hostility, and substantially higher for feeling self-assured, attentive and serene.
Brukner, P., Nealon, A., Morgan, C., Burgess, D. and Dunn, A. (2014) Recurrent hamstring muscle injury: applying the limited evidence in the professional football setting with a seven-point programme. British Journal of Sports Medicine, 48:929-938.
In this case study, Dru Yoga was practised by a professional footballer who sustained five hamstring injuries in a relatively short period of time. The injury was managed successfully with a seven-point programme which included regular sessions of Dru Yoga. These consisted of Dru fascial warm-up techniques; intense hamstring and low back stretches; guided Dru relaxations and Dru breath training (techniques to improve lung capacity, stamina and to activate the relaxation response through the body). The player soon reported subjective improvement in his hamstring freedom.https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23322894
McDonald, A., Burjan, E., Martin, S. (2006). Yoga for patients and carers in a palliative day care setting. International Journal of Palliative Nursing, 12(11):519-23.
- This study suggests that Dru yoga benefitted patients (and carers) in palliative care settings. A 12-week Dru Yoga pilot project was introduced into a day care unit and proved to be highly successful. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17170669
Hartfiel, N., Havenhand, J., Khalsa, S.B., Clarke, G. and Krayer, A. (2011). The effectiveness of yoga for the improvement of well-being and resilience to stress in the workplace. Scandinavian Journal of Work, Environment, and Health, 37(1):70-76.
- A six-week intervention showed that even a short programme of Dru Yoga was effective for enhancing emotional well-being and resilience to stress in the workplace. They reported marked improvements in feelings of clear-mindedness, composure, elation, energy, and confidence. In addition, the Dru Yoga group reported increased life purpose and satisfaction, and feelings of greater self-confidence during stressful situations.
Hartfiel, N. and Edwards, R.T. (2017). Yoga in the workplace can reduce back pain and sickness absence. The Conversation.
- The results of this study showed NHS staff who participated in an eight-week Dru Yoga programme had larger reductions in back pain compared to a control group. After six months, employee staff records showed that the yoga participants had 20 times less sick leave due to musculoskeletal conditions (including back pain) than the control group. NHS staff who practised Dru yoga during the six-month study visited health professionals for back pain only half as often as control group participants.
Timlin, D. and Simpson, E. (2017). A preliminary randomised control trial of the effects of Dru yoga on psychological well-being in Northern Irish first-time mothers. Midwifery, 46:29-36.
- This study showed that Dru Yoga improved the psychological well-being of first time mothers, reduced educed global stress levels, decreased negative affect and dysfunctional coping, enhanced problem focused coping, and could be recommended to improve health and fitness in the postpartum.https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28129548
Hartfiel, N., Clarke, G., Havenhand, J., Phillips, C. and Edwards, R.T. (2017). Cost-effectiveness of yoga for managing musculoskeletal conditions in the workplace. Occupational Medicine, 67(9):687-695.
- This study showed that an 8-week Dru Yoga programme, with a 6-month follow-up, for NHS)employees was effective for improving quality of life and reducing sickness absence due to back pain and musculoskeletal conditions. The results showed that Dru Yoga is likely to be cost-effective for the NHS.https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29202204
"The tutors have inspired me to share the insights I have gained throughout the course. Dru Yoga has helped me to manage my fibromyalgia and live with less pain and fatigue.
I know I’ll be able to share my story to help and inspire others."
Book a Try Out
Find out if the Dru Yoga Course is for you with a live, highly interactive zoom session with a senior tutor.
A Try Out is a nurturing session of Dru Yoga with Q&A.
Discover what makes it so unique and have all your questions answered. There's no better way to find out if the Yoga Teacher Training Course is for you.