Dru Yoga Prenatal teacher training - post graduate course
This comprehensive course is designed to train Dru Yoga graduate teachers in the practical skills to confidently and safely teach yoga classed for pregnant women and accommodate a pregnant woman in a general class.
We will examine the most common concerns yoga teachers have when embarking into this special area of teaching and demonstrate the fulfilling role of a Dru prenatal yoga teacher.
This training explores how to empower women to trust in the miracle of birth and utilise the yogic techniques to face the challenges of pregnancy, labour and birth.
The course will be held over two 3 day module weekends
Module 1 17 - 19 May 2019
Module 2 6 - 8 September 2019
COURSE WILL INCLUDE:
- safe and effective practice
- physiology of pregnancy and birth
- empowering women to believe in themselves
- trust that birth is a natural process, a part of life
- understanding good postural alignment
- adapting Dru Yoga practices for a prenatal environment
- honouring the miracle of new life
Beneficial practices to establish during pregnancy
- asanas and sequences
- effective breathing practices for pregnancy and labour
- pregnancy relaxation techniques
- prenatal meditation for empowerment
- developing concentration skills
- affirmations to transform unhelpful emotional patterns
Maintaining optimal health and wellbeing throughout pregnancy
- learn to balance hormonal and emotional fluctuations
- develop skills for dealing with the effects of stress during pregnancy and labour
- effective self-help tools to ease back pain and many other pregnancy related problems
Anatomy and physiology for pregnancy and childbirth
- changes to and demands on the musculo-skeletal frame
- strengthening core stability muscles including pelvic floor
- ways to enhance optimal fetal positioning
Preparing for childbirth
- Running a partner class specially for birthing support people - sharing a variety of pain-relieving techniques, partner massage and partner stretches.
- Guidelines on a gentle home programme during the first 6 weeks after the birth of the baby
- Practical assessment will be ongoing. There will be guided practical teaching exercises at every stage of the course with tutors observing and providing feedback.
1. Design 3 lesson plans
2. A case study
On successful completion of the course you will be awarded a post graduate certificate in teaching Dru prenatal yoga.
Time: 9.30-5.30 pm
Dates: Module 1: Friday 17th to 19th May 2019
Module 2: 6th to 8th September 2019
Course fee schedule:
Option 1: Payment in full $1404 (no deposit required)
Option 2: 4 monthly payments includes deposit of $400 plus 1 x payment $732 plus 1 x payment $332 = total $1464
Option 3: Monthly payments includes deposit of $400 plus 4 x $249 plus 1 x $98 = total $1494
Note: For those who have previously participated in the two day prenatal weekend with Patricia, we are offering a discount of $200 on the deposit. For a full course payment this would be $1204. You are still required to attend all six days.
2A Barker St
For more information please contact Senior Dru Post Graduate teacher, Patricia Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org or
Julie Beynon at email@example.com
Dru Australia office:
Ph: 02 6161 1462
I not only enjoyed it, I loved it! Thank you. It really helped me to feel my core stability muscles. I'm looking forward training them ;-)
If you want to physically strengthen your body and emotionally enhance your mind, Dru Yoga will give you the tools to take into your daily life and help you cope with the stresses of modern living.
Thank you, this was lovely. It was great to have your teaching in my home! Great production also - good picture, good sound, easy to fast forward and great that I could see what was happening as I fast forwarded so I knew when to stop. I also like the way Dru Online is bringing us more specific subjects like this one, that before we have only seen in the workbooks. Thank you.