Ayurveda autumn detox@home
A change-of-season, gentle kitcheri-based cleanse, in the comfort of your home, to detox body and mind, boost energy, reset digestion and improve immunity in preparation for winter
In only 5 days you’ll feel aligned with nature’s cycles, clearer, healthier and renewed
Seasonal change, heralded by the Autumn equinox on March 21st, alerts our mind and bodies that we need to shift gears to keep functioning at our best.
After the excesses of Christmas and our summer holidays, when we might have overindulged in rich, non-seasonal imported delicacies, too many ice creams and barbecues, this is the time of year the liver, gall bladder and intestinal tract yearn for a good cleanse.
We need to take care that the accumulated heat of summer, combined with the approaching dryness of autumn, does not dry us out too much, like the autumn leaves!
Join us on this gentle detox@home to keep our bodies and minds functioning at their very best, during this time of seasonal change.
The Autumn detox@home will be great for you if you are feeling
- a little bit heavy and sluggish after too many weeks close to the fridge while working from home!
- ready for a post summer holiday cleanse, in preparation for winter
- congested—with signs of lymphatic congestion, water retention or sinus congestion
- generalised aches and pains
- stiff joints
- bloating, wind, constipation, heartburn, acid reflux, diarrhea or constipation
- mild fatigue
- lack of mental clarity
- irregular or impaired appetite
This Dru Ayurveda gentle detox@home is for you if you
- are ready to release yourself from craving unhealthy unseasonal foods
- are committed to prioritising your health for 5 days
- are self-directed and have self-discipline to follow the detox menus and program—
don’t worry it’s easy!
- need a programme that fits in with your family and work life
- don’t have any serious medical issues
If you do you, can schedule a consult with either Mouli or Greg, who will tailor a full Ayurvedic health plan to meet your individual needs
What the detox@home provides
- a quick quiz for us to determine the current imbalances of your doshas (constitution)
- 3-hour introductory workshop explaining key ayurvedic principles and the detox@home program (available as a recording)
- full menus for your 5-day detox, with recipes and shopping list
- 4 x 20 min cooking demo videos, full of tips to create the detox recipes with ease, available on vimeo to watch in your own time
- bonus cooking video with additional recipes specifically for the autumn detox
- chart of foods permitted during the gentle detox and those to avoid
- daily yoga and pranayama program to fuel your digestive fire, unwind your nervous system, quieten the mind, de-stagnate the lymph and increase detox benefits
- 5 daily zoom Q&A forums, to check-in with your tutors Mouli & Greg, and be supported and inspired by like-minded souls sharing this detox journey
What if I cannot do all 5 days with the zoom connections?
The detox@home program takes place in the company of a like-minded community with 5 nights of live Q&A hosted by Dru Ayurveda tutors & health coaches Greg and Mouli, with support from the Dru Australasia Ayurveda team.
- We recommend that you immerse yourself in the detox over the 5 days 17th to 21st March, leading up to the autumn equinox, as it’s the best time to prepare yourself for the change of season. Checking in each evening at 7pm gives the support, encouragement and inspiration of knowing you are not doing this on your own.
- However, if you can only make a few of the zoom connections it's OK too.
If you’re not able to attend live, you can post your questions ahead of time to our whatsapp detox group.
The introductory workshop with explanation of the home cleanse program will be available as recordings. You’ll receive links to the cooking vimeos to watch any time, and pdfs of the menu plans, recipes, a chart of permitted foods and a shopping list.
- We’ll be offering the detox again in spring, with the introductory workshop on Sat 4th September, and the detox days 8–12th September, so keep those dates free to join us next time!
The instructions and advice presented by the Dru Ayurveda team for the autumn detox@home are not intended as medical advice or as a substitute for medical care.
Prices and booking
To ensure we can care for everyone on the program, places are limited
$180 DPN discount
for 3 hr introductory workshop, 5 daily zoom check-in sessions, full menus, detox program, 5 day menus with recipes, shopping list and cooking videos
Intro workshop, live online 2–5pm Sat 13 March
Key ayurvedic principles, Why detox? Intro to the autumn detox program
5 nightly live Q&A sessions 7–8 pm Wed 17th through to Sunday 21st March 2021
Evening zoom forums to check in with your tutors and other participants
(Australian Eastern Standard Time)
When you register and book in you’ll receive links to:
- an online health questionnaire to help us assess your dosha & current imbalance?
Please complete and submit by Monday 8th March
- zoom link for the workshop and live Q&A check in sessions
- a folder on Google drive with pdfs of the menu plans, detox program, recipes, shopping list, chart of permitted foods
- the cooking vimeos
I not only enjoyed it, I loved it! Thank you. It really helped me to feel my core stability muscles. I'm looking forward training them ;-)
If you want to physically strengthen your body and emotionally enhance your mind, Dru Yoga will give you the tools to take into your daily life and help you cope with the stresses of modern living.
Thank you, this was lovely. It was great to have your teaching in my home! Great production also - good picture, good sound, easy to fast forward and great that I could see what was happening as I fast forwarded so I knew when to stop. I also like the way Dru Online is bringing us more specific subjects like this one, that before we have only seen in the workbooks. Thank you.
Other events you might be interested in...
Window of Wisdom 22 with Patricia Brown in Australia 10 March 2021
10 March, 2021. OnlineWhile you are at home, take 20 mins to be with Patricia in her series of Window of Wisdom talks. The 22nd Window of Wisdom will be held on Wednesday... more
Ayurveda autumn detox@home
13 March, 2021. OnlineDru Ayurveda guided detox program—3-hour Intro workshop covering the principles of Ayurveda and an overview of the detox program (recorded); 5 daily... more
Emotional strength is one of greatest needs today - with it we can respond to the people who need our help, we can feel balanced and supported... more
Dru Sound and Mantra online - Adelaide 9 - 11 April 2021*
9 April, 2021. AdelaideExplore the science of vibration and sacred sound. Join us for an inspiring 3 days to learn how to use the yoga of sound to align your body, mind... more
Meditation Mastery Course + optional teaching diploma 2021
22 May, 2021. OnlineThe online Dru Meditation Mastery course is a powerful transformational journey that provides you with the tools to teach Dru Meditation and live... more
Dru Yoga Online Teacher Training - Level 1
17 July, 2021.Yoga Teacher Training courses in Australasia
Dru Yoga Prenatal teacher training - online post graduate course
8 October, 2021. OnlineWelcome to this Post graduate training certificate course in teaching Dru Yoga to pregnant women.