Dru Yoga Prenatal Teacher Training - online post graduate course
This comprehensive course is open to all qualified yoga teachers from any tradition. Designed to train graduate teachers in the practical skills to confidently and safely teach yoga classes for pregnant women and accommodate a pregnant woman in a general class. This course is also aimed at those wishing to learn how to modify and adapt yoga practices to be accessible for differing abilities.
We will examine the most common concerns yoga teachers have when embarking into this special area of teaching and demonstrate the fulfilling role of a Dru prenatal yoga teacher.
This training explores how to empower women to trust in the miracle of birth and utilise the yogic techniques to face the challenges of pregnancy, labour and birth.
The course will be held over two 3 day module weekends with over 30 hours live on-line sessions plus extra information pre recorded.
All course materials including the course manual, video recordings and handouts are accessed via a Student Online Learning Platform called Thinkific
Module 1 6-8 May 2022
Module 2 25-27 November 2022
There will be two Tutorials between Module 1 and 2
THE COURSE WILL INCLUDE:
- safe and effective practice
- physiology of pregnancy and birth
- empowering women to believe in themselves
- trust that birth is a natural process, a part of life
- understanding good postural alignment
- adapting Dru Yoga practices for a prenatal environment
- honouring the miracle of new life
Beneficial practices to establish during pregnancy
- asanas and sequences
- effective breathing practices for pregnancy and labour
- pregnancy relaxation techniques
- prenatal meditation for empowerment
- developing concentration skills
- affirmations to transform unhelpful emotional patterns
Maintaining optimal health and wellbeing throughout pregnancy
- learn to balance hormonal and emotional fluctuations
- develop skills for dealing with the effects of stress during pregnancy and labour
- effective self-help tools to ease back pain and many other pregnancy related problems
Anatomy and physiology for pregnancy and childbirth
- changes to and demands on the musculo-skeletal frame
- strengthening core stability muscles including pelvic floor
- ways to enhance optimal fetal positioning
Preparing for childbirth
- Running a partner class specially for birthing support people - sharing a variety of pain-relieving techniques, partner massage and partner stretches.
- Guidelines on a gentle home programme during the first 6 weeks after the birth of the baby
- Practical assessment will be ongoing. There will be guided practical teaching exercises at every stage of the course with tutors observing and providing feedback.
1. Design 3 lesson plans
2. A case study
30 CPD points Teaching skills (Professional development)
On successful completion of the course you will be awarded a postgraduate certificate in teaching Dru prenatal yoga.
Dates: Module 1: 6 -8 May 2022
Module 2: 25-27 November 2022
Total course fee: $890
For more information please contact Dru Post Graduate Yoga teacher, Julie Beynon at email@example.com or 0401 835 462
or Patricia Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0401 002 814 or
Dru Australia office:
Ph: 02 6161 1462
Dru Yoga is like an onion, peeling the layers to discover who you are and want to be!
It’s like a spider's web - you can delve into so many facets of physical practice, to the food you eat, to your emotional well-being. All ending in the an amazing feeling of well-being.
It has deepened my practice and has also given me ideas about the way I practice; the notes of freedom. Ever since taking the course, I have really begun to understand some elements of myself that I knew I needed to work on – I suppose I have become more aware.
In many ways, the course encouraged me to develop and think about key words to use in class and to incorporate more than just the ‘physical experience of yoga’.
Other events you might be interested in...
Dru - the first step to an empowered life - FREE workshop
7 December, 2022.Free Dru yoga sessions with leading tutors from the Dru Yoga Teacher training course! This is for those who want to go deeper into yoga! Learn how to... more
Window of Wisdom #65 with Patricia Brown in Australia
7 December, 2022. Online & localWhile you are at home, take 20 mins to be with Patricia in her series of Window of Wisdom talks. The 65th Window of Wisdom will be held on Wednesday... more
Aus DY21 Level 2 Dru Yoga Online Teacher Training
25 February, 2023. Online & localYoga Teacher Training courses in Australasia
Dru Wisdom Sangha Australasia
14 March, 2023.Online Dru Wisdom Sangha Australia There is nothing better than the sense of belonging and connection as you journey with a group of like minded... more
Essence of Yogic Wellbeing - a journey into empowerment
18 March, 2023.This introductory course to Dru gives you the tools you need to establish a personalised wellbeing practice to keep you strong, healthy, resillient... more