CPD Masterclass: Making classes accessible - access now
Post graduate masterclass with Noelene Francis
Online—or in your time
$77 for DPN members; $110 for non-DPN members
Special Masterclass series for Dru graduates! Recorded in March 2023.
Join Noelene to explore the whole concept of accessible yoga and meditation classes - whether we are catering to older people, or people with physical limitations, or disadvantage.
As you know Dru Yoga's foundation is therapeutic and we learn many modifications in our training. For this reason in our experience Dru also one of the safest forms of yoga out there, especially for the increasing cohort of people who are taking up yoga in their older years.
In this workshop, we'll explore the key principles of how to modify practices to cater for people of different ages and abilities or limitations.
We'll also cover considerations for:
- teaching a class of mixed abilities or goals for their yoga
- teaching a group that includes people of several different life stages
- the language of inclusion
- reaching out to those who may be excluded.
The masterclass will
- Add to what you have learned in your teacher training for both yoga and meditation, and
- Deepen your understanding of modification, and what you can achieve in your own practice.
Suitable for Dru Yoga and Dru Meditation graduates. You will accrue 2 Continuing Professional Development points for viewing this masterclass.
Since starting Dru I feel I have developed a stronger sense of ‘Self’. In everything I try to do to develop myself I am slowly seeing changes also in those I have close contact with. I feel I am calmer and focus on self care- family and work colleagues are beginning to join me
A wonderful way to spend a Saturday afternoon. Taking time out from busy schedules and just pausing to take care of myself and be in the moment. I feel very calm and centred.