Open to all qualified yoga teachers, this postgrad Dru back care and wellbeing certificate course will provide you with an in-depth training based on the latest research in crucial topics facing all yoga teachers today. You'll learn how to confidently address wellbeing issues centred around back pain, anxiety, depression, panic attacks and other mental health concerns.
You'll receive the training you need to offer easy-to-apply yoga approaches to these conditions, giving you the capability to work within the NHS*, corporate settings and any yoga class environment.
What does the course include?
- 16 hours of live online teaching (and downloadable replays of these sessions).
- An additional 10 hours of downloadable teaching sessions that you can study in your own time.
- Tutor-guided small groups that will help you deepen your understanding of the material, based on case studies and medical and yoga topics.
- A comprehensive 50 page manual – including teaching plans, medical guidelines and background research.
What will you learn?
- 3 extensive and progressive yoga programmes on which to base your back care and wellbeing classes.
- Programmes for mental health and wellbeing.
- A trauma-sensitive and compassionate teaching approach to working with health issues.
- Insights into the latest research on the many functions of the vagus nerve, musculofascial release, the psoas muscle.
- New approaches breathing and relaxation techniques.
- You'll dive into the nuances of myofascial stretching, gradual muscle strengthening and healthy breathing. Practical application of the latest research around the many functions of the vagus nerve will give you a much greater understanding of the human relaxation response.
Where can it take you?
- This course will revolutionize the way you’re teaching your current yoga classes.
- Feel confident to start teaching in business or other workplace settings.
- Become equipped to start teaching in the NHS*, social prescribing* and other contexts.
Dru senior tutors are part of the national workgroup setting standards for social prescribing, so you'll be aligned with the latest national requirements as a yoga teacher.
How will the course be delivered?
The course will be spread over 4 live teaching days (see below for dates), each followed by a live, interactive tutorial session.
To refine your skills, there is a component of personal study which you will prepare and then explore in tutorials and small group sessions.
How many CPD points will you get?
This course will give you 30 CPD points.
* Social prescribing and Yoga within the NHS are newly evolving possibilities in the UK, and at this early stage funding is by no means easy. Nevertheless, the course will equip you to be a highly effective yoga teacher in a health care setting, enabling you to respond to whatever opportunities are available in your areas.
|DPN discount rate
|Wellbeing upgrade only
|I've done the Calm Coach training - Save £65 - DPN
|I've done the Calm Coach training - Save £65 - Standard
Training course days, weekends or modules - start dates, lengths