This taught diploma course is open to qualified Dru Yoga teachers, and also to teachers from other schools of yoga. It is a stand- alone course, very practical and based on class teaching.
The 30 CPD points comprises 24 points for contact hours plus 6 points (a minimum of 6 hours) for personal research. The course is held over two non-residential weekends.
Course tutors: Dr Janey Fitzgerald and Nanna Coppens with experienced support
Weekend 1: 30th & 31st March 2019
Weekend 2: 1st & 2nd June 2019
- To give yoga teachers deeper knowledge, skills and confidence when teaching students with back problems in their classes.
- To train yoga teachers to safely run effective back care classes.
- Anatomy, physiology and pathology of back conditions; common conditions of the back that will be encountered by yoga teachers
- Evidence base for yoga therapy and other approaches for managing back pain.
- Introduction to the therapeutic use of the kosha and chakra models in back care yoga classes.
- Experience of asanas tailored to the therapeutic relief of back pain
- Specific techniques for deep relaxation of the spine.
- Three customised and graduated back programmes to use as templates for yoga back classes. These programmes are based on recent research results with Dru Yoga.
The programme will include a mixture of lectures and practical yoga sessions, with time for you to practice the skills you are learning. There will be a reflective practice portfolio assignment between weekends one and two, and small group practical assessments on the last day.
You will be provided with a full colour course manual plus pdf’s of template class plans and home practice sheets to give to your students, as well as a pre-class health questionnaire.
Feedback from previous back care courses:
“It’s not just about backs! This course is going to enhance, no actually change my yoga teaching. I want all of my students to feel empowered with strength and the freedom to move, not just those with back pain. It is also going to be a fantastic journey for me, for helping my own journey with back pain. “
"An essential part of your Dru Toolkit"
“I taught the 6 week Dru Yoga Back therapy programme to a client who had uncontrolled epilepsy and chronic pain, which prevented him from sleeping more than two hours at time. He now takes no painkillers and sleeps all night.. So a big thank-you for the lesson plans.....they really work”J.B.
"The Dru team pool their vast and varied knowledge and experience to provide a comprehensive back care course”K. L.
"Great CPD – a natural and helpful progression for a Dru Yoga teacher. I have gained confidence in considering knowledge I have from my training in respect to the therapeutic area."
"This course has given me lots of practical techniques to help people who experience back pain."
"It will give you the confidence not to be scared of helping people with back pain through your yoga classes."
Provisional booking may be made by contacting Mona Fairholme on email@example.com
We then require payment of £50 to confirm your booking.
Leeds, West Yorkshire LS18 5HD
|Registration fee||£ 50.00|
|Standard fee - full||£ 375.00|
|DPN Members fee - full||£ 350.00|
|Early Bird Standard fee (Before 31st January 2019)||£ 350.00|
|Early Bird DPN Members fee (Before 31st January 2019)||£ 325.00|
Training course days, weekends or modules - start dates, lengths