Dru Yoga back care course
Post Grad and advanced events in the UK
Postgrad - Advanced Practitioner Diploma in Leeds
21 March, 2020. Leedsregistration open till 11 AprDru Yoga as you've never experienced it before! Starting online, this special course delves into the wonderful world of koshas and chakras,... more
registration open till 11 AprThis deeply nurturing weekend is aimed at yoga teachers and practitioners who want to find stillness, enhance self-awareness and generate self-... more
Postgrad Back Care & Wellbeing Course for Social Prescribing - 2020
4 June, 2020. SnowdoniaThis short course is open to all qualified yoga teachers and will cover common stress management and wellbeing issues including, anxiety, depression... more
Restorative Yoga weekend - North East, October 2020
17 October, 2020. Harrogateregistration open till 16 OctThis hands-on and deeply nurturing weekend is aimed at yoga teachers and practitioners who want to find stillness, enhance self-awareness and... more
Dru Yoga Therapy Diploma Course in Snowdonia, Feb 2021
25 February, 2021. SnowdoniaAre you a yoga teacher with over two years of experience? Are you interested in becoming a yoga therapist? Read on to find out more...
Dru Yoga back care course
Back Care course
A diploma level course, which is open to qualified yoga teachers.
The Dru Yoga back care course is a taught 24 hour course providing 30 points of CPD. It is designed to enable you to work confidently with clients who experience back pain, using therapeutic techniques from Dru Yoga.
- To give yoga teachers deeper knowledge, skills and confidence when teaching clients with back problems.
- To help yoga teachers recognise some of the common imbalances / problems associated with back pain.
- To train yoga teachers to run effective back care classes safely.
dru yoga teacher, West yorkshire
I enrolled on the Dru Yoga Back Care Course because I have suffered with back pain for many years, and I know how amazing Dru Yoga can be in preventing and reducing back pain. The course has given me the knowledge and confidence to teach specific classes for those with back pain, and to bring my learning into my normal classes. It has also helped me personally by giving me a deeper understanding of my own pain and the behaviours associated with it. It was a process of discovery and learning that I feel privileged to have been able to undertake, and I look forward to passing on the benefits to my students.
What is included
The course will examine back problems through an understanding of koshas, chakras and prana; how the practice of Dru Yoga benefits the spine and how yoga can be adapted for back problems.
Participants on this course will conduct a series of classes for people with back problems and then complete a written reflection of their experience between the first and second weekend. On successful completion of the course, you will receive a certificate.
What will I learn
- the common conditions of the back that will be encountered by yoga teachers
- anatomy, physiology and pathology of back conditions
- asanas tailored to the therapeutic relief of back pain
- evidence base for therapeutic yoga and other approaches for managing back pain
- specific techniques for deep relaxation of the spine
- introduction to the therapeutic use of the kosha and chakra models in back care
Get more info on the next Dru Back Care course
The course will include a combination of lectures, practical yoga and teaching sessions with time to practice the skills you are learning
Reflective practice portfolio assignment between weekends one and two and small group practical assessments on the final day.
One of the cornerstones of the current understanding of managing back pain is that movement is very important! It is our intention that by the end of the two weekend programme you will feel very capable in your capacity as a yoga teacher to help many people to move safely with greater ease, comfort and confidence. You will be able to select appropriately for the students who attend the lessons from the wide range of materials offered in the three lesson templates. These are designed to progressively add more challenge as students become more trusting of their bodies.
- Current medical management of low back and neck pain
- NICE ( National Institute for Clinical Excellence) guidelines for back care
- Guidance on teaching back care classes
- Back care registration questionnaire
- Practical experience of level 1,2 & 3 classes
- Experience the power of effective relaxation techniques for those with back pain
- A fresh look at core stability
- The bio psychosocial model (peoples personal experience of their back pain)
- Obstacles to getting better
- Screening tools
- The 15%: specific pathologies problems that can arise in each tissue and area of the spine
- Red flags
- Fascia, myofascial pathways and yoga
- Nervous system and neurodynamics
- Referred symptoms from the spine
- Common medication used in management of back pain
- The Yoga therapy model
- Business opportunities
Increase knowledge and confidence for teaching yoga to students with back problems
You will be provided with a course manual, pdf templates of class plans, home practice sheets to give to your students and a pre-class health questionnaire.