Why Continuing Professional Development?
Yoga and meditation are now broadly accepted by society, and as with all professional disciplines, continuing professional development training is necessary to guarantee our excellent standard as teachers.
Keeping up to date with Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and maintaining records of it enables lets you keep your Dru
Professional Network (DPN) membership current.
The CPD programme offered is designed to help you stay up to date with Dru and refresh your teaching skills.
Under the DPN Code of Professional Conduct, you agree to do regular CPD. This means that Dru can confidently stand behind your qualification.
When you join the DPN please ensure you complete the CPD form and forward this with your DPN application form or email your CPD record if you join online.
Click on the orange buttons for your forms
Registered Dru Meditation teacher Professional code of conduct
How much CPD do I need?
teacher assistant, devon
Today's workshop was inspirational, calming, spacious, connecting!
A - Dru Yoga teachers
For the first year after your final Dru Yoga Teacher Training day there is no CPD requirement.
Following this first year, you need 12 CPD points over a year, with a minimum of 6 points being professional development.
How do I acquire my CPD points?
You acquire CPD points from attendance at events or doing online courses. 1 hour of tuition = 1 CPD point unless otherwise stated.
Professional development may come from attending Dru events that upgrade your skills or include reference to teaching methodology such as posture modification or enhancing the effect on the koshas etc.
What is professional development for Dru Yoga teachers?
In order to remain in the DPN, it is a requirement that full members update their skills by attending post graduate training to a minimum of 12 points per year.
It includes but is not restricted to:
- Dru Yoga advanced practitioner course
- Specific CPD events and workshops
- YogiYou (Dru Kids and Dru Teens)
- Dru Pre-Natal Yoga Therapy course
- Dru Back Care Therapy Course
- Dru Meditation Teacher Training Course
- Dru Dance (postgrad level)
- Refresher training on current Dru Yoga Teacher training courses
- Being a DYTT support tutor
- Receiving Dru Mentoring for professional development (eg, how to teach 1:1 yoga, lesson planning, business skills, etc. This can be done in person or by phone or skype)
- Dru Yoga Therapy Diploma Course
- Dru Star Lounge
- Online Studio reflective practice (3 hours only)
- Many of the residential events held at Snowdonia Mountain Lodge
Please note that 1 hour of professional development mentoring = 3 CPD points.
Remember that mentoring can be arranged via Skype, phone or in person!
B - Dru Meditation teachers
As for Dru Yoga, except 9 points of CPD are required each year with 6 points being professional development. Professional development may come from attending Dru events or using online Dru facilities that upgrade your skills, deepen your practice or help you become a better teacher.
What is Personal development?
This includes but is not restricted to
- general contact hours with Dru senior tutors
- Open Dru courses or workshops
- Attending yoga holidays and retreats at Snowdonia Mountain Lodge
- Dru Gita Correspondence Course
- Dru Meditation Online Course
- Use of the Online Studio with written reflection
- Receiving Dru mentoring for personal development (1 hour = 3 points)
A frequently asked question is this:
May I include other related training in my CPD record?
When deciding what you can include for CPD, ask yourself this question: What have you done which has developed you as a Dru Yoga teacher over the past year? (Include both Dru and other activities)
Need help with your CPD?
Talk with Jill, the DPN Co-ordinator in the DPN office