Continuing professional development
As with all professional disciplines, continuing professional development is necessary to guarantee our excellent standards as teachers.
Can't wait to see all the amazing post grad opportunities ..
Go straight to post grad and advanced courses and events by clicking here >
Keep your CPD up to date
Keeping up to date with continuing professional development (CPD) and maintaining records enable you to keep your Dru Professional Network (DPN) membership current.
The CPD programme offered is designed to help you stay up to date with Dru and refresh your teaching skills.
Under the DPN Code of professional conduct, you agree to maintain your CPD. This means that Dru can confidently stand behind your qualification.
When you join the DPN please ensure you complete the CPD form and forward this with your DPN application form or email your CPD record if you join online.
teacher assistant, devon
Today's workshop was inspirational, calming, spacious, connecting!
How much CPD do I need?
CPD can be made up from both, 'professional development' and 'personal development' opportunities. See below for examples of these >
Dru Yoga teachers
For the first year after your final Dru Yoga teacher training day there is no CPD requirement.
Following this first year, you will need 12 CPD points over a year, with a minimum of 6 points being professional development.
Be part of a highly professional network of Dru Yoga & Meditation teachers!
There are so many ways to accumulate CPD points; to keep your teaching qualification current and maintain the high standards of Dru Yoga & Dru Meditation.
How do I acquire my CPD points?
You acquire CPD points from attendance at events or doing online courses. One hour of tuition = 1 CPD point unless otherwise stated.
Professional development may come from attending Dru events that upgrade your skills or include reference to teaching methodology such as posture modification or enhancing the effect on the koshas etc.
Dru Meditation teachers
Dru Meditation CPD follows the same principles as Dru Yoga, except 9 points of CPD are required each year with 6 points being professional development. Professional development may come from attending Dru events or using online Dru facilities that upgrade your skills, deepen your practice or help you become a better teacher.
What is professional development for Dru Yoga teachers?
It includes but is not restricted to:
- Dru Yoga advanced practitioner course
- Specific CPD events and workshops
- Dru Kids and Dru Teens
- Dru Pre-natal course
- Dru Back care course
- Dru Meditation teacher training course
- Dru Dance (postgrad level)
- Refresher training on current Dru Yoga teacher training courses
- Being a DYTT support tutor
- Receiving Dru mentoring for professional development (eg, how to teach 1:1 yoga, lesson planning, business skills, etc. This can be done in person or by phone or skype)
- Dru Yoga therapy diploma course
- Dru Star Lounge
- Many of the residential events held at Snowdonia Mountain Lodge
Please note that 1 hour of professional development mentoring = 3 CPD points.
It is like coming home to a supportive caring family where the emphasis is on nurturing, growth and connection!
What is Personal development?
This includes but is not restricted to:
- General contact hours with Dru senior tutors
- Open Dru courses or workshops
- Attending yoga holidays and retreats at Snowdonia Mountain Lodge
- Dru Gita correspondence course
- Dru Meditation online course
- Use of the Dru Online studio with written reflection
- Receiving Dru mentoring for personal development (1 hour = 3 points)
May I include other related training in my CPD record?
When deciding what you can include for CPD, ask yourself this question: What have I done which has developed me as a Dru Yoga teacher over the past year? Include both Dru and other activities.
Click below for your forms
Need help with your CPD?
Talk with Jill, the DPN co-ordinator on 01248 602900 ext 217