Dru Yoga Prenatal Teacher Training - online post graduate course
This comprehensive course is open to all qualified yoga teachers from any tradition. Designed to train graduate teachers in the practical skills to confidently and safely teach yoga classes for pregnant women and accommodate a pregnant woman in a general class. This course is also aimed at those wishing to learn how to modify and adapt yoga practices to be accessible for differing abilities.
We will examine the most common concerns yoga teachers have when embarking into this special area of teaching and demonstrate the fulfilling role of a Dru prenatal yoga teacher.
This training explores how to empower women to trust in the miracle of birth and utilise the yogic techniques to face the challenges of pregnancy, labour and birth.
The course will be held over two 3 day module weekends with over 30 hours live on-line sessions plus extra information pre recorded.
All course materials including the course manual, video recordings and handouts are accessed via a Student Online Learning Platform called Thinkific
Module 1 6-8 May 2022
Module 2 25-27 November 2022
There will be two Tutorials between Module 1 and 2
THE COURSE WILL INCLUDE:
- safe and effective practice
- physiology of pregnancy and birth
- empowering women to believe in themselves
- trust that birth is a natural process, a part of life
- understanding good postural alignment
- adapting Dru Yoga practices for a prenatal environment
- honouring the miracle of new life
Beneficial practices to establish during pregnancy
- asanas and sequences
- effective breathing practices for pregnancy and labour
- pregnancy relaxation techniques
- prenatal meditation for empowerment
- developing concentration skills
- affirmations to transform unhelpful emotional patterns
Maintaining optimal health and wellbeing throughout pregnancy
- learn to balance hormonal and emotional fluctuations
- develop skills for dealing with the effects of stress during pregnancy and labour
- effective self-help tools to ease back pain and many other pregnancy related problems
Anatomy and physiology for pregnancy and childbirth
- changes to and demands on the musculo-skeletal frame
- strengthening core stability muscles including pelvic floor
- ways to enhance optimal fetal positioning
Preparing for childbirth
- Running a partner class specially for birthing support people - sharing a variety of pain-relieving techniques, partner massage and partner stretches.
- Guidelines on a gentle home programme during the first 6 weeks after the birth of the baby
- Practical assessment will be ongoing. There will be guided practical teaching exercises at every stage of the course with tutors observing and providing feedback.
1. Design 3 lesson plans
2. A case study
30 CPD points Teaching skills (Professional development)
On successful completion of the course you will be awarded a postgraduate certificate in teaching Dru prenatal yoga.
Dates: Module 1: 6 -8 May 2022
Module 2: 25-27 November 2022
Total course fee: $890
For more information please contact Dru Post Graduate Yoga teacher, Julie Beynon at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0401 835 462
or Patricia Brown at email@example.com or 0401 002 814 or
Dru Australia office:
Ph: 02 6161 1462
A great confidence builder/giver. A place to feel loved and nurtured. I felt the benefit I gained from working with others was fundamental and invaluable to the start of my learning process.
Love DRU and that's why I am doing my Teacher training with them. I am truly enjoying the journey inwards so I can be a better person on the outside.
Dru Ayurveda & Yoga workshop:- A magical mixture! Treat yourself - heal yourself naturally.
Other events you might be interested in...
Post Grad Back Care and Wellbeing Course 2022
12 August, 2022. OnlineThis research-based course is open to all qualified yoga teachers and will cover common stress management and wellbeing issues centred around back... more
Window of Wisdom #57 with Patricia Brown in Australia
17 August, 2022. OnlineWhile you are at home, take 20 mins to be with Patricia in her series of Window of Wisdom talks. The 57th Window of Wisdom will be held on Wednesday... more
Ayurveda Spring cleanse September 2022
11 September, 2022. OnlineA practical taste of Dru Ayurveda—our biannual guided cleanse. 2-part workshop: PART 1. Intro to principles Ayurveda (for those new to Ayurveda),... more
Prana shakti - working with the 5 pranas: Post Grad Masterclass
5 October, 2022.CPD masterclass with Senior Dru Yoga and Meditation tutor, Noelene Francis Wednesday 5th October 2022 6.30 to 8.30pm AEDT, online - (UTC+10)... more
Dru Sound and Mantra Adelaide 27 - 30 October 2022
27 October, 2022. AdelaideExplore the science of vibration and sacred sound. Join us for an inspiring 4 days face to face to learn how to use the yoga of sound to align your... more