Dru Ayurveda Online foundation course
19 July - 9 August
Find your unique balance
This course addresses the aspiration of every living being! It helps you to be fit and healthy so you can live a long and happy life.
This course will give you the tools to create an optimum diet and lifestyle unique to your individual make up, to promote excellent health and well-being.
Ayurveda - the science of life, heals mind, body, and soul and raises consciousness so we may be more peaceful, loving, and forgiving. It reconnects us to the grace and wonder of the planet and reminds us that we are custodians with a powerful part to play - our unique part.
Whatever your age, gender, or race - Ayurveda will reveal and strengthen your place within the future that is unfolding today. Join us on this adventure!
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to know anything about Ayurveda before joining this course
No, the good news is that this course is for anyone who wants to learn about Ayurveda and how to apply it to their everyday living. Anyone can do this course – whether you are a yoga teacher, a therapist, a health professional, or simply have a love for health and nature and want to understand yourself better.
What’s the cost
£295 (early bird £255 finishes at midnight on 6th July)
How much time does it take
- 15 hours in total of pre-recorded sessions (the session lengths are between 10 minutes to 45 minutes (depending on the content)
- 4 live sessions with the tutors (50 minutes each)
- self-study optional – flexible timing depending on what you can allocate
How will it be delivered
- Each week – one live session with the tutors on Zoom (50 min)
- plus online workshops to watch in your own time over a 7-day period (about 5 hours needed to watch all videos each week)
- regular interactive online engagement with the group & tutors (you will need to download zoom if you haven’t got it already)
What do I get when I join the course
- An international tutor team
- Access to a wealth of knowledge on the Live Q&A sessions with the tutors
- 4 content-rich manuals online (accessible with password)
- Online community chat with tutors and other students (within a private network where the course will be run)
- Certificate of Attendance on completion
- The opportunity to continue on to the Diploma course if you wish to become an Ayurvedic Health Coach
Will I be able to contact a tutor if I don’t understand something
Yes. During the 3 weeks of the course, you will be allocated to a buddy group with tutor support to help you with any questions you may have.
How long do I have access to the sessions after the course finishes
You have access for the next 12 months.
What am I able to do when I complete this course
- You will have a deeper insight into your unique constitution
- Ability to apply the correct diet, lifestyle, yoga and meditation, therapies and kitchen herbs and spices to optimise YOUR health and well-being
- As well as a stand-alone course in its own right, this course is a pre-requisite for the Dru Ayurveda Health Coach diploma course.
Does this course qualify me to teach or give advice
No. To become a safe practitioner you have to do the Dru Ayurveda Health Coach diploma course (this foundation course gives you access to this).
Can I join if I live in a different time zone
Yes, all the sessions are uploaded to a private online network. You can ask questions in the chat and to the tutor in your buddy group. If you would like a question answered in the Live sessions, then you just need to pose the question beforehand and watch the recording afterward.
Why is Ayurveda so powerful
Ayurveda is an ancient science that recognises that everything outside of us affects what goes on inside—the food we eat, the supplements we take, the seasons, the environment, the type of exercise we do and the therapies we receive. All of these influences have a particular type of impact on your body, mind and emotions. As you understand yourself better, you will notice how your health, relationships and quality of life improves.
According to the healing science of Ayurveda, every living and non-living thing in the universe is made up of a combination of 5 basic elements – Space, Air, Fire, Water and Earth. Our human body is also made up of these 5 elements in various compositions. They manifest in the human body as 3 basic principles or subtle energies known as doshas: Vata, Pitta and Kapha.
Space + air combine to form Vata
Fire + water combine to form Pitta
Water + earth combine to form Kapha
This is why everything outside of us can affect what goes on inside of us. We can be so affected by the food we eat, the herbs or supplements we take, what we drink, the seasons of the year, the environment around us, even what type of exercise we do and therapies we have, have a particular type of impact on our body, mind and emotions. Knowledge of the 5 elements and the 3 doshas is essential in order to lead happy and healthy lives. When they are in balance, we are able to function at our highest level as human beings. By understanding the positive and negative aspects of each element and dosha, we can design our life in such a way that we can live the life we want to—healthy, happy and fulfilled.
Info & Booking
Dates: 19 July - 9 August 2020
(Registration open till 16 Jul)
This includes tuition, recorded and live sessions fully illustrated course manuals and full access to online community platform.
For more information:
Please email Katharina Albers email@example.com
I not only enjoyed it, I loved it! Thank you. It really helped me to feel my core stability muscles. I'm looking forward training them ;-)
If you want to physically strengthen your body and emotionally enhance your mind, Dru Yoga will give you the tools to take into your daily life and help you cope with the stresses of modern living.
Thank you, this was lovely. It was great to have your teaching in my home! Great production also - good picture, good sound, easy to fast forward and great that I could see what was happening as I fast forwarded so I knew when to stop. I also like the way Dru Online is bringing us more specific subjects like this one, that before we have only seen in the workbooks. Thank you.
Other events you might be interested in...
We're sorry, we can't find any events like this at the moment.
Give us a call on 01248 602 900 or get in touch... there is probably something else that might be just as good as what you're looking for!