5 day Ayurvedic Detox Retreat@Home: Apr 2021
10 – 17 April 2021
A change-of-season, gentle kitcheri-based cleanse, in the comfort of your own home, to detox body and mind, boost energy, reset digestion and improve immunity in preparation for summer. Re set and bounce into spring!
In only 5 days you’ll feel aligned with nature’s cycles, clearer, healthier and renewed.
Seasonal change, heralded by the Spring equinox on March 21st, alerts our mind and bodies that we need to shift gears to keep functioning at our best.
After the excesses of winter where we are ‘stocking up’ to keep warm and nourished in all manner of ways, this is the perfect time to let go and re fresh. No doubt, the liver, gall bladder and intestinal tract yearn will for a good cleanse!
Who hasn’t gained a little more around the waist from rich, heavy and grounding food so necessary during winter – not to mention the on going lockdown we have all been experiencing, with perhaps less exercise and lots of zoom meetings!
Join us on this gentle detox@home to keep our bodies and minds functioning at their very best, during this time of seasonal change.
The Spring detox@home will be great for you if you are feeling
• a little bit heavy and sluggish after too many weeks close to the cooker and larder while working from home!
• ready for a spring cleanse, in preparation for summer
• congested—with signs of lymphatic congestion, water retention or sinus congestion
• generalised aches and pains
• stiff joints
• bloating, wind, constipation, heartburn, acid reflux, diarrhea or constipation
• weight gain
• mild fatigue
• lack of mental clarity
• irregular or impaired appetite
This Dru Ayurveda gentle detox@home is for you if you
• are ready to release yourself from craving unhealthy unseasonal foods
• are committed to prioritising your health for 5 days
• are self-directed and have self-discipline to follow the detox menus and programme— don’t worry it’s easy!
• need a programme that fits in with your family and work life
• don’t have any serious medical issues
What the detox@home provides
• a quick quiz for us to determine the current imbalances of your doshas (constitution)
• 3-hour introductory workshop explaining key ayurvedic principles and the detox@home program (available as a recording)
• an introductory morning followed by an easy 5 day de tox
• full menus for you’re the main 5 day detox, with recipes and shopping list
• 4 x 20 min cooking demo videos, full of tips to create the detox recipes with ease, available on vimeo to watch in your own time
• bonus cooking video with additional recipes specifically for the spring detox
• chart of foods permitted during the gentle detox and those to avoid
• daily yoga and pranayama program to fuel your digestive fire, unwind your nervous system, quieten the mind, de-stagnate the lymph and increase detox benefits
• daily zoom Q&A forums, to check-in with your tutors, and be supported and inspired by like-minded souls sharing this detox journey
What if I cannot do all 5 days with the zoom connections?
The detox@home program takes place in the company of a like-minded community with 5 nights of live Q&A hosted by Dru Ayurveda tutors & health coaches with support from the Dru Ayurveda team.
• We recommend that you immerse yourself in the detox over the 5 days 10th to 17th April, leading up to the spring equinox, as it’s the best time to prepare yourself for the change of season. Checking in each evening at 7pm gives the support, encouragement and inspiration of knowing you are not doing this on your own.
• However, if you can only make a few of the zoom connections it's OK too. If you’re not able to attend live, you can post your questions ahead of time to Janey@druworldwide.com.. The introductory workshop with explanation of the home cleanse programme will be available as recordings. You’ll receive links to the cooking vimeos to watch any time, and pdfs of the menu plans, recipes, a chart of permitted foods and a shopping list.
8 Personal CPD points for DPN Members
For more information
I not only enjoyed it, I loved it! Thank you. It really helped me to feel my core stability muscles. I'm looking forward training them ;-)
If you want to physically strengthen your body and emotionally enhance your mind, Dru Yoga will give you the tools to take into your daily life and help you cope with the stresses of modern living.
Thank you, this was lovely. It was great to have your teaching in my home! Great production also - good picture, good sound, easy to fast forward and great that I could see what was happening as I fast forwarded so I knew when to stop. I also like the way Dru Online is bringing us more specific subjects like this one, that before we have only seen in the workbooks. Thank you.
Other events you might be interested in...
Mantra and Gong Bath - May 2021
14 May, 2021.Enjoy the soothing effects of a mantra and gong bath from the comfort of your home. You'll enjoy ancient Vedic mantras, a variety of instruments... more
Masterclass - Exploring Chandra - 19 May 21
19 May, 2021.The moon is a powerful archetype as well as being a hugely influential force in our lives. Like gravity, the moon’s influence can be seen and felt... more
To help you infuse living Ayurveda into your days we’re inviting you to join us for the Ayurveda Immersion Series - 8 webinar sessions with our... more
Dru Ayurveda Online foundation course 2021
4 July, 2021.A clear and concise course providing an in-depth working knowledge of Ayurveda which you can easily apply to your life to stay healthy, calm and... more
Ayurveda Immersion - 8: Q&A - 2 Aug 21
2 August, 2021.To help you infuse living Ayurveda into your days we’re inviting you to join us for the Ayurveda Immersion Series - 8 webinar sessions with our... more
Ayurveda Health Coach Diploma Course: Sep 2021
12 September, 2021.Promote health and wellbeing from an Ayurvedic perspective – by giving individual consultations and treatment advice to clients on diet, lifestyle,... more