Postgrad Yoga for Kids & Teens in Scotland - Sept 2019
Dru Kids and Teens
Dru Kids & Teens (DKT) teacher training is a 3-day intensive course (non-residential) designed to ignite a passion to work with children/teenagers and make a real difference in the world. Add another string to your bow by training as a DKT yoga teacher!
Who is this course for?
This course is for qualified Dru Yoga teachers and student Dru Yoga teachers who can practise once gaining their Dru Yoga qualification. On this intensive course you'll gain all the skills necessary to teach in a range of different environments, covering the following topics:
- How to make yoga fun, engaging, meaningful and safe.
- Essential concepts in child psychology and development.
- Different approaches and content for the various age groups.
- How to manage and structure classes for different groups.
- Adapting EBRs and sequences for children of all ages.
- Yoga stories, activations, games, massages, relaxations, pranayama, meditations.
- Yogic philosophy for teens.
- Ways to introduce yoga to childcare centres, schools, colleges, yoga centres and into the community.
- Marketing strategies and business matters.
To be eligible for the Dru Kids & Teens teacher training you need to be either a DYTT graduate or have passed your DYTT interim assessment.
Be prepared for lots of laughter, inspiration, yoga play, creative expression and fun!
You’ll receive a newly revised colour manual with lesson plans, games, developmental and health information, legal and safety advice.
Prices and booking
Price includes tuition and manual. Please bring your own packed lunch for each day.
Please note this course is non-residential.
DPN Price £300
Standard Price £350
- Option 1 - Pay in in full
- Option 2 - 2 monthly payments
- DPN - Pay £150 to secure your place and £150 due 1st October 2019.
- Standard - Pay £175 to secure your place and £175 due 1st October 2019.
- Option 3 - 3 monthly payments
- DPN - Pay £100 to secure your place and then 2 monthly payments of £100. Payments due on 1st of each month.
- Standard - Pay £120 to secure your place and then 2 monthly payments of £115. Payments due on 1st of each month.
For option 2 & 3, once you have paid your initial payment, we will be in touch to set up a fee schedule with you for the remainder of payments.
Please note, you will not graduate from this course until full payment has been received.
The Court Room; Cottrell Building, Stirling University, FK9 4AE
Starting my journey on the Dru Yoga Teacher Training Course was like all my dreams coming true and I cannot wait for the next module. Being amongst supportive, like-minded students and tutors was inspiring and confirmed to me that I can do this!!
I really enjoyed being amongst like-minded yogis. I enjoyed the moving posture work as it's not often I do postures I tend to do EBR[s or sequence work. I enjoyed the sequence this afternoon. I absolutely love all of these workshops and they keep me connected, both with new yogis and in my own body and mind. There was. very good mix of exercises, things to think bout and contributing verbally.
Participating in the course has helped me to go deeper and experience things about myself that I have not experienced before. It brought up emotions and has enabled me to find tools that help me to deal with them. I am a lot more confident in everything I do; I feel comfortable with myself, my life and now find that I am able to deal with everything which comes my way. My language has developed and I now feel confident to use words to try and take my students into experiencing all kosha levels.
Other events you might be interested in...
We're sorry, we can't find any events like this at the moment.
Give us a call on 01248 602 900 or get in touch... there is probably something else that might be just as good as what you're looking for!