Postgrad Yoga for Kids & Teens in Scotland - Sept 2019
Dru Kids and Teens
Dru Kids & Teens (DKT) teacher training is a 3-day intensive course (non-residential) designed to ignite a passion to work with children/teenagers and make a real difference in the world. Add another string to your bow by training as a DKT yoga teacher!
Who is this course for?
This course is for qualified Dru Yoga teachers and student Dru Yoga teachers who can practise once gaining their Dru Yoga qualification. On this intensive course you'll gain all the skills necessary to teach in a range of different environments, covering the following topics:
- How to make yoga fun, engaging, meaningful and safe.
- Essential concepts in child psychology and development.
- Different approaches and content for the various age groups.
- How to manage and structure classes for different groups.
- Adapting EBRs and sequences for children of all ages.
- Yoga stories, activations, games, massages, relaxations, pranayama, meditations.
- Yogic philosophy for teens.
- Ways to introduce yoga to childcare centres, schools, colleges, yoga centres and into the community.
- Marketing strategies and business matters.
To be eligible for the Dru Kids & Teens teacher training you need to be either a DYTT graduate or have passed your DYTT interim assessment.
Be prepared for lots of laughter, inspiration, yoga play, creative expression and fun!
You’ll receive a newly revised colour manual with lesson plans, games, developmental and health information, legal and safety advice.
Prices and booking
Price includes tuition and manual. Please bring your own packed lunch for each day.
Please note this course is non-residential.
DPN Price £300
Standard Price £350
- Option 1 - Pay in in full
- Option 2 - 2 monthly payments
- DPN - Pay £150 to secure your place and £150 due 1st October 2019.
- Standard - Pay £175 to secure your place and £175 due 1st October 2019.
- Option 3 - 3 monthly payments
- DPN - Pay £100 to secure your place and then 2 monthly payments of £100. Payments due on 1st of each month.
- Standard - Pay £120 to secure your place and then 2 monthly payments of £115. Payments due on 1st of each month.
For option 2 & 3, once you have paid your initial payment, we will be in touch to set up a fee schedule with you for the remainder of payments.
Please note, you will not graduate from this course until full payment has been received.
The Court Room; Cottrell Building, Stirling University, FK9 4AE
I am just working on the spine assignment. Apart from really enjoying all the research and information, I had to smile, because whilst writing about the spine and common back problems I have discomfort in my back (chronic) and sitting in one position, not as relaxed as I would like, is aggravating it. I have been taking frequent breaks, doing the Dru stretches, tri spinal release, marjariasana, bringing my knees up and rocking my spine which I love, standing forward bend and squats and when I finish studying each day I do a long relaxation. I have been drinking lots of water as well. I love the fact I have the tools from the Dru to help myself and have the chance to put it all into practice. It's all made such a difference to my back, neck and rest of my body. From a happy yoga student!
The workshop had a lovely atmosphere. I liked that we are encouraged to work within our personal limits and not over-push ourselves. Kind and gentle vibes. I particularly liked Padma's pear tree as so new and different. The workshop was well organised. A lovely focus on relaxation and breaking down postures into little bite size pieces. All the teachers had their own stye that worked positively to create a positive whole experience.
Other events you might be interested in...
We're sorry, we can't find any events like this at the moment.
Give us a call on 01248 602 900 or get in touch... there is probably something else that might be just as good as what you're looking for!