Retreat: Music to Lift the Spirit - Kirtan, Song and Mantra in Eryri-Snowdonia
Uplift the spirit, heart and mind with the healing power of kirtan!
Join the Dru Kirtan International Team at Snowdonia Mountain Lodge for this joyful three day immersion in kirtan, song and mantra.
Accessible to all, kirtan is a living experience of call-and-answer singing of Sanskrit mantras. When we create connection through our combined voices singing as one, we experience a sense of unity. The word 'kirtan' comes from Sanskrit and means to 'praise the divine'. Originally practiced as a way for Yogis to communicate with the divine, the ancient art of kirtan is as old as the practice of yoga.
Here's what you will learn and experience:
- Immerse in the natural joy of singing together
- Touch the depth of your inner stillness after chanting
- Gain insight into the meaning and relevance of different mantras
- Learn simple techniques to strengthen your lungs, project your voice and empower your authentic expression
- Connect with nature and feel revitalised on walks in beautiful Snowdonia National Park
- Relax with old and new friends at Snowdonia Mountain Lodge
What this retreat includes:
- A magical journey in which we will together express and experience energising devotional love through our voices
- Bringing joy to our hearts, ease to our minds and inspiration to our lives
- Sessions of kirtan and mantra with many of Dru's experienced musicians playing harmonium, tablas and other instruments
- Led by the Dru Kirtan Team including Petra Opsteeg, Susan Kulas and team
- This retreat will take place at the Dru Centre at Snowdonia Mountain Lodge, Nant Ffrancon, Bangor, LL57 3LX (non-residential).
- Lunch, a light supper, tea and coffee are included.
- Bed and breakfast are not included - we will provide a list of local accommodation of varying types from hotels to bunk houses.
28-30 July 2023
This is a non-residential retreat. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for accommodation options.
For more information:
For attending on Saturday Only:
Saturday Only (in-person): £99
Saturday Only (online): £75
Other events you might be interested in...
Ayurveda CPD : Series 2 - Session 3
24 September, 2023.To take you to the next level of confidence in your practice as an Ayurvedic health coach.
3-Day Dru Community Experience Retreat
28 September, 2023. SnowdoniaDru Experience immersions bring together people who are enthusiastic about their spiritual path to build community and make a positive difference.... more
The Yogic Science of Easing Zoom Fatigue! - a group mentoring with Andrew
28 September, 2023.Are you over-cooked on Zoom? This group mentoring is for you if you teach classes, run groups or attend meetings and courses online, and don't... more
Live Class: Celebrating Movement
6 October, 2023.This monthly class is about celebrating our ability to move, doing it joyously and together, moving in new ways to fully experience all that our... more
Online Meditation Challenge: 3 day event
6 October, 2023. Online & localWe invite you to join us over the course of 3 days to start of deepen your meditation practice. Join us alongside hundred of others in this free 3... more
Wisdom Sangha till Christmas 2023
17 October, 2023.Your Wisdom Sangha continues! We've mentioned the contribution to the world that Dru is planning to make with the new Devam Factor course,... more
From Chaos to Calm: 5-Day Online Meditation Retreat UK
18 October, 2023.Rediscover the joy and benefits of a meditation practice in just 5 days. 5 easy to manage 90-minute sessions spread over 5 mornings or evenings to... more
This online group mentoring is a more personal approach to get to know you and find out what you need to supercharge your life on all levels,... more
Meditation Mastery Course + Optional Teaching Diploma 2023
11 November, 2023.The online Dru Meditation Mastery course is a powerful transformational journey that provides you with the tools to teach Dru Meditation and live... more
Reboot Your Health and Well-being in just 21 days
6-Day Retreat in the Algarve: Yoga, Mudras & Meditation
20 November, 2023. AlbufeiraDo you need a complete reset of your body, mind and spirit? If so, then don’t miss this potent retreat where you will deepen your yoga and meditation... more
Ayurveda CPD : Series 2 - Session 4
3 December, 2023.To take you to the next level of confidence in your practice as an Ayurvedic health coach.
6-Day Retreat in the Algarve: Meditation, Mantras, and Mandalas
24 February, 2024. AlbufeiraYou'll learn how Mandalas can deepen your meditation practice, enhance your creativity and bring about profound shifts in your overall well-... more