Online Postgrad Back Care & Wellbeing Course for Social Prescribing - 2020
This research-based course is open to all qualified yoga teachers and will cover common stress management and wellbeing issues centred around back pain, anxiety, depression and panic attacks.
You will learn easy-to-apply yoga solutions facilitating myofascial stretching, gradual muscle strengthening and healthy breathing. Practical application of the latest research around the many functions of the vagus nerve will give you a deep and nuanced understanding of the human relaxation response.
What does the course include?
- 16 hours live online teaching (and the downloadable replays of these sessions)
- 10 hours of downloadable teaching sessions to engage with in your own time
- Working on case studies in small groups with tutor guidance
- Comprehensive 50 page manual – including teaching plans, medical guidelines and background research
What will you learn?
- 3 extensive and progressive yoga programmes to base your classes on
- Trauma sensitive and compassionate teaching approach
- Insights into the latest research on the many functions of the vagus nerve, musculo-fascial release, the psoas muscle
- New approaches to using breathing and relaxation techniques
Where can it take you?
- This course will revolutionise the way you’re teaching your current yoga classes
- You will be confident to start teaching in companies or other workplace settings
- You will be equipped to start teaching in the NHS, social prescribing and other contexts
Some of the course tutors are part of national workgroup setting standards for social prescribing.
How will the course be delivered?
We will meet up online on 5 and 7 June, 5 and 6 September. Each day will have 4 live contact hours. Between the June and September modules there will be small group sessions. If you’re unable to attend a live session you can always catch up as you will receive replays of all the live sessions.
How many CPD points will you get?
This course will give you 50 CPD points.
Standard course fee is £299
Fee for DPN members is £255
Want to upgrade the Dru Back Care certificate you already have?
You can take part in this course, receive all the downloads, and take part in the small group sessions for only £125.
For more information or to discuss this course, please contact Padma McIntyre on email@example.com
I not only enjoyed it, I loved it! Thank you. It really helped me to feel my core stability muscles. I'm looking forward training them ;-)
If you want to physically strengthen your body and emotionally enhance your mind, Dru Yoga will give you the tools to take into your daily life and help you cope with the stresses of modern living.
Thank you, this was lovely. It was great to have your teaching in my home! Great production also - good picture, good sound, easy to fast forward and great that I could see what was happening as I fast forwarded so I knew when to stop. I also like the way Dru Online is bringing us more specific subjects like this one, that before we have only seen in the workbooks. Thank you.
Other events you might be interested in...
We're sorry, we can't find any events like this at the moment.
Give us a call on 01248 602 900 or get in touch... there is probably something else that might be just as good as what you're looking for!