Online Postgrad Back Care & Wellbeing Course for Social Prescribing - Oct 2021-Mar 2022
Open to all qualified yoga teachers, this postgrad Dru back care and wellbeing certificate course will provide you with an in-depth training based on the latest research in crucial topics facing all yoga teachers today. You'll learn how to confidently address wellbeing issues centred around back pain, anxiety, depression, panic attacks and other mental health concerns.
You'll receive the training you need to offer easy-to-apply yoga approaches to these conditions, giving you the capability to work within the NHS*, corporate settings and any yoga class environment.
What does the course include?
- 16 hours of live online teaching (and downloadable replays of these sessions).
- An additional 10 hours of downloadable teaching sessions that you can study in your own time.
- Tutor-guided small groups that will help you deepen your understanding of the material, based on case studies and medical and yoga topics.
- A comprehensive 50 page manual – including teaching plans, medical guidelines and background research.
What will you learn?
- 3 extensive and progressive yoga programmes on which to base your back care and wellbeing classes.
- Programmes for mental health and wellbeing.
- A trauma-sensitive and compassionate teaching approach to working with health issues.
- Insights into the latest research on the many functions of the vagus nerve, musculofascial release, the psoas muscle.
- New approaches breathing and relaxation techniques.
- You'll dive into the nuances of myofascial stretching, gradual muscle strengthening and healthy breathing. Practical application of the latest research around the many functions of the vagus nerve will give you a much greater understanding of the human relaxation response.
Where can it take you?
- This course will revolutionize the way you’re teaching your current yoga classes.
- Feel confident to start teaching in business or other workplace settings.
- Become equipped to start teaching in the NHS*, social prescribing* and other contexts.
Dru senior tutors are part of the national workgroup setting standards for social prescribing, so you'll be aligned with the latest national requirements as a yoga teacher.
How will the course be delivered?
The course will be spread over 4 live teaching days (see below for dates), each followed by a live, interactive tutorial session.
To refine your skills, there is a component of personal study which you will prepare and then explore in tutorials and small group sessions.
How many CPD points will you get?
This course will give you 30 CPD points.
* Social prescribing and Yoga within the NHS are newly evolving possibilities in the UK, and at this early stage funding is by no means easy. Nevertheless, the course will equip you to be a highly effective yoga teacher in a health care setting, enabling you to respond to whatever opportunities are available in your areas.
REGISTRATION HAS NOW CLOSED. Please do not book onto this course without first contacting us a email@example.com
DPN members: £345
AUSTRALIANS: Please go to the Australian Website for course dates and to book in click here: Australian Back Care Course Booking
Want to upgrade the Dru Back Care certificate you already have?
You can take part in this course, receive all the downloads, and participate in the small group sessions for only £185.
For more information or to discuss this course, please contact the team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Then I discovered Dru Yoga, which was recommended by my osteopath, so I had a go and thought there's something special this. I then went on to train as a Dru Yoga teacher. And that really helped me really with my own experience of back pain and how to manage it. I felt like I was also able, to a degree, to help my yoga students as well. Although at that stage I didn’t feel I had the confidence and the ability to work with clients who maybe had more specific back pain. I felt I needed a little bit more knowledge to help them best.
So that's what led me to doing the Dru Backcare & Wellbeing course. And I really found it extremely helpful. It has enabled me to work with students in a class setting but also on a one-to-one basis and really tailor classes to meet their needs.
And I've seen a huge difference, both in my confidence in how I teach, and in the way my students feel when I'm teaching them as well. So, if you're thinking about doing the course, I would highly recommend it.
It's made a huge difference for me.
I’d say, ‘Jump in there and go for it. I'm sure you will really enjoy it’.
My back has felt a lot easier since getting into the exercises from the Dru Yoga classes. In particular, I did a care in theatre on Thursday which I do every couple of weeks - it takes a good couple of hours and involves wearing a heavy lead apron and standing in a very awkward position. Usually my back is screaming by the end. But last week, I was pain free at the end. Extraordinary. Thank you!
I have had no pain or twinges since doing Dru Yoga. I have found the back care course excellent and would recommend to others with back pain. I work at a large factory in the maintenance department, I do quite a bit of lifting motors etc. so I've had quite a lot of back problems for quite a few years now. Since I've been doing the programme, I've been getting up every morning and doing the stretches and it's helped my back to no end. I'm really impressed with how it's gone, really good.
Other events you might be interested in...
Ayurveda CPD : Series 2 - Session 3
24 September, 2023.To take you to the next level of confidence in your practice as an Ayurvedic health coach.
3-Day Dru Community Experience Retreat
28 September, 2023. SnowdoniaDru Experience immersions bring together people who are enthusiastic about their spiritual path to build community and make a positive difference.... more
The Yogic Science of Easing Zoom Fatigue! - a group mentoring with Andrew
28 September, 2023.Are you over-cooked on Zoom? This group mentoring is for you if you teach classes, run groups or attend meetings and courses online, and don't... more
Online Meditation Challenge: 3 day event
6 October, 2023. Online & localWe invite you to join us over the course of 3 days to start of deepen your meditation practice. Join us alongside hundred of others in this free 3... more
Live Class: Celebrating Movement
6 October, 2023.This monthly class is about celebrating our ability to move, doing it joyously and together, moving in new ways to fully experience all that our... more
Wisdom Sangha till Christmas 2023
17 October, 2023.Your Wisdom Sangha continues! We've mentioned the contribution to the world that Dru is planning to make with the new Devam Factor course,... more
From Chaos to Calm: 5-Day Online Meditation Retreat UK
18 October, 2023.Rediscover the joy and benefits of a meditation practice in just 5 days. 5 easy to manage 90-minute sessions spread over 5 mornings or evenings to... more
This online group mentoring is a more personal approach to get to know you and find out what you need to supercharge your life on all levels,... more
Meditation Mastery Course + Optional Teaching Diploma 2023
11 November, 2023.The online Dru Meditation Mastery course is a powerful transformational journey that provides you with the tools to teach Dru Meditation and live... more
Reboot Your Health and Well-being in just 21 days
6-Day Retreat in the Algarve: Yoga, Mudras & Meditation
20 November, 2023. AlbufeiraDo you need a complete reset of your body, mind and spirit? If so, then don’t miss this potent retreat where you will deepen your yoga and meditation... more
Ayurveda CPD : Series 2 - Session 4
3 December, 2023.To take you to the next level of confidence in your practice as an Ayurvedic health coach.
6-Day Retreat in the Algarve: Meditation, Mantras, and Mandalas
24 February, 2024. AlbufeiraYou'll learn how Mandalas can deepen your meditation practice, enhance your creativity and bring about profound shifts in your overall well-... more