When humanity sets out to create unity the results are awesome. In fact when you look at the statistics, 99% of the world is at peace! Humanity has made stunning progress towards building unity, collaboration and health for all in the last 100 years... and when we build on this positivity we help it grow.
So when we hear news of suffering, terrorism or poverty, perhaps the greatest thing we can do in response is to add positivity to the world.
Here are just a few ideas for you - and feel free to add your own in the comments at the bottom of the page.
1. Give peace a chance
Go to a time when you felt completely happy, fulfilled and at peace with yourself and the world.
- Re-live that feeling as fully as you can.
- Let it fill your body and mind.
- BE peace.
- Direct that peace out to the people or places you want to benefit from it.
- Feel and see this happening.
There is a part of the brain that doesn't distinguish between yourself and others. This means that when you feel peace your pure intention for peace will have carried out from you, flowed through the field of consciousness and helped us all.
2. Meditation for peace
Well-validated trials show that when people raise their own levels of consciousness through meditation, the effects spread and change other people as well.
- If one person in a family raises their level of consciousness, the whole family benefits.
- When 1% of the population of an area practises meditation regularly, signs of social disorder (e.g. crime rate, accident rate, illness) decrease while signs of social wellbeing (health, success in education and business) increase.
- Meditation groups directing their efforts towards peace have achieved an increase in peacefulness in war zones.
Actions you can take
- Dedicate your meditation classes to world peace.
- Encourage your students to allocate a time for peace meditation every day.
- Join with other meditation groups and teachers in your town to create a strong body of meditators who will raise the statistics of social wellbeing in your area.
- Practise the World Peace Meditation.
- Sit comfortably and align and relax your body.
- Visualise a large golden cloud above your head - the all pervading unified field that holds infinite possibilities.
- Visualise in front of you a situation to which you want to bring healing.
- Breathe that image into your heart and as you breathe out direct it up through your crown and into the goden cloud.
- Watch the golden cloud permeate the image and fill it with light.
- When the image is completely golden, breathe it in through your crown, into your heart, and breathe it out again in front of you.
- See and feel an image of harmony in front of you.
- Click here for a magnificent, guided version of this meditation.