We'd like to share this free EBR 3 sequence which is a part of the new Design your Destiny class, filmed on location in Australia. As the colder weather approaches, you will feel the warmth of the sun coming through - just like taking a holiday!
This class is perfect for opening the lungs and helping to keep all colds and flu away too.
Autumn is a time to nourish and nurture. Here in Europe, it is getting darker earlier and colder, so take time to look after yourself..
Here are 5 top tips for making your autumn magical
- Eat warm and nourishing soups and vegetables. Try this pumpkin soup (see below) from Keith's blog.
- Have a warm oil massage before you have a bath or shower to help support your skin and nervous system.
- Drink plenty of warm drinks – carry a flask with a pinch of turmeric, cumin and ginger in it.
- Get out for refreshing walks. Natural light is really important for you – especially for those of you who tend to suffer from the SAD syndrome.
- Start taking vitamin C to boost your immune system or Triphala (from the Ayurveda system) to help prepare you for the change in season.
For those of you who want to really explore your health over the next few months – then have a look at my new online health and nutrition course, called BOUNDLESS ENERGY. It does what it says on the tin!
1 tbsp / 15ml sunflower oil
1 leek (washed and sliced)
1 tsp / 5 ml black mustard seeds
1 tsp / 5 ml cumin seeds
1 tsp / 5 ml turmeric
1 bay leaf
1 lb/500g butternut squash (peeled and chopped)
1 lb/500g sweet potato (washed and chopped)
1 ¾ / 1 ltr pints water
1 tsp / 5 ml grated ginger
4 tsp / 20 ml bouillon powder
Heat the oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds. Allow them to pop for a few seconds
Add the other spices and leeks. Sauté for a few minutes
Add the veg, ginger and water, bouillon powder and simmer for 35 minutes
Remove the cinnamon and bay leaf. Then liquidise.