In this class we explore the archetype of the goddess of abundance - Lakshmi (also spelt Laxmi). Thousands of years ago this goddess was described in ancient scriptures of India as representing the energy of abundance.
We are all familiar with abundance in the form of financial stability and money, but the Lakshmi energy is also evident in other aspects of our lives. For instance – if you have a ‘Lakshmi’ mental attitude – then you are someone who sees life with the glass half full not half empty. If you have a 'Lakshmi' like emotional constitution, then you are someone who is generous and immensely kind.
Someone who has developed an abundance of 'Lakshmi' like appreciation of life is one who tackles challenges with the attitude that you have the tools and ability to get the best out of it. In short, a person who has an attitude of abundance make the best of life – enjoys success in his/her relationships, family life, career and health.
This class will include the following:
- A short introduction
- The Lakshmi Namaskara in four stages
- Stage 1 - Cycle of Cosmic Expansion
- Stage 2 - Offering Respect to the Universe
- Stage 3 - Aligning with a perfect universe - which includes
> part 1 - the conch mudra and
> part 2 - chanting the mantra "Om Sri Lakshmaya"
- Stage 4 - The Immortality sequence
- ‘I am heaven, I am earth. I am love I am truth. I am abundant’
- ‘I am the creator of my destiny. I am the dissolver of all my challenges.’
- 'I am part of everything and everyone. I am connected.’
Complete this class with a meditation on the sun; absorbing light into the 7 major energy centers (chakras) of the body.