Quick fix series - re-energise
Welcome to this class with Dru Yoga tutor, Christiane, inviting you to re-energise your whole body. This fun and exciting session will include the following:
- Forward bends, soaring eagle, warrior lunges and an iliopsoas stretch
- During these activations Christiane also invites you to imagine a 'chalice' posture, working with visualisation as you invite light into your body to energise the cells.
The Inner Fire Sequence
Christiane first demonstrates this sequence, so take a moment to watch before you join in. It consists of three parts:
- The Bhima posture - to activate solar energy, stored in the manipura (third energy centre in the body).
- The Rotated Triangle - it's function is to distribute the solar energy to the rest of the body.
- The Warrior posture - gives you added strength physically and emotionally.
Get the most out of the Inner Fire sequence:
- Guided demonstration 1 - easier version suitable for most practitioners
- Guided demonstration 2 - a more advanced version of the Inner Fire sequence, adding in a deeper stretch
- Add visualisation of light - drawing it down your arms into your heart
- Include self empowering 'inner strength' statements; "I am strong, I am confident, I am beautiful."
- Complete this dynamic session with a final power mantra: 'I am filled with abundant energy and dynamism.'
To end this class, Christiane invites you to lie down and enjoy a short 6 minute deep relaxation. Visualise light filling and energising your whole body. Have a blanket ready to keep yourself warm for this lovely rest!