The Water Sequence
Welcome to this energising sequence with Dru Yoga Teacher, Kate Carter. Today's sequence is called the Water Sequence.
This class is designed to activate and balanace the swadhistana chakra. This energy centre is connected to the water element, hence the title of this sequence. It's purpose is to help you to flow with life and not against it. To find out more about the swadhistana energy centre click here. This class includes:
Activations (11 minutes)
This includes many movements to mobilise the arms and shoulders, including the figure of eight movement, upper body twists, hip circling, and calf muscles warm-ups. These movements help to loosen up the body and specifically the heart and sacral energy centres, perfect to prepare you for the rest of the classes
Energy Block Release Sequence 2 (11 minutes)
Flowing graceful movements and breath work combine to create a guided sequences of movements as preparation for the Water Sequence. This section of your class includes the standing twist, the standing cat and forward bend.
> For more information about what an Energy Block Release Sequence - watch Annie Jones' short presentation: What is an EBR in Dru Yoga?
The Water Sequence (20 minutes)
Tune into the power, flow and grace of water in the Water Sequence with Kate. This sequence will help you to flow with your life and bring balance to your emotions through balancing the Swadistana Chakra.
- Explore each movement in depth
- Mudra sequence with circle of golden light
- Praying hands mudra - a familiar position recognised in all religions. For the purpose of this sequence its emphasis is to encourage an attitude of prayerful self respect.
- Lotus mudra - hands held together at the wrists and open up to form the shape of a lotus. This mudra is a symbol of purity and is connected to the element of water. Offer the highest part of yourself to the highest in the universe around you.
- Akasha mudra - index fingers and thumbs connect - palms face forward. This hand gesture emphasises the element of space. It encourages us to create space around us as we complete this class
- Circle of light - draw a golden light around your body by bringing thumb and index fingers together, then separating them outward and downwards to your sides. Visualise a golden bubble of light all around you.
Relaxation (20 minutes)
Treat yourself to a long relaxation by the river side. Lie down comfortably and let your troubles flow out of your body, leaving you to feel refreshed and replenished.