Dru Yoga Foundation Course
Learn the foundations of yoga and deeply anchor your personal practice for a happy and fulfilled life
The Dru Yoga Online Foundation course is ideal for everyone who is looking for self-development and improved health and wellbeing. As well as increasing strength and flexibility the purpose of yoga is to create inner stability and fulfilment, essential for living a meaningful life.
The Foundation Course is the first part of the Dru Yoga 200 hour Teacher Training diploma course, and, upon completion, you will have the option to continue on to train as a Dru Yoga teacher.
We will explore the fundamentals of Dru yoga including Asana, Yoga sequences, Energy Block Release, Pranayama, an introduction to the Chakras, Meditation and Relaxation.
The Foundation course is part of the Dru Yoga 200 hour Teacher Training course. Upon completion of the Foundation course, you have the option to continue on to train as a Dru Yoga teacher.
You will be introduced to the principles of Dru Yoga through interactive sessions and recorded materials. It will provide you with everything you need for successful personal yoga practice.
Yoga is not about touching your toes it’s about what you learn on the way down.
The course will introduce you to the principles and practices of Dru Yoga through interactive sessions and recorded materials. It will provide you with everything you need for a successful personal yoga practice.
- Open to students in the UK and internationally
- Live guidance and input from multi-disciplinary yoga experts
- Do the online course content where and when it suits you
- Study in segments so it fits into your lifestyle
Total Interactive time 49 hours
- In between the course dates, each Monday you will receive an email that will give you access to your weekly yoga practice. Over the course this amounts to approximately 30 hours of teaching and instructional videos. Together with supporting written material you will be able to learn at your own pace.
- To add to your learning we offer a once a month small group tutorial with one of the course tutors. You will be able to connect and discuss your yoga practice.
- You will have access to the Dru Learning Hub for the duration of the course.
Day 1: April 30 - Online
Day 2: May 14 - Blended
Day 3: June 11 - Online
Day 4: July 9 - Blended
Day 5: July 30 - Online
Day 6: August 20 - Blended (London only - August 27)
Light Centre Belgravia
7-9 Eccleston Street, Belgravia, London, SW1W 9LX
Scotland - Stirling
Iris Murdoch Building
University of Stirling, Stirling, FK9 4NF
Scotland - Aberdeenshire
East Cairnhill Farm
Culsalmond, AB52 6UU
Waterside, Old Ferry Road, Saltash, PL12 4GT
Registration fee due on completion of application
5 x £170
Principles of Dru Yoga
- Principles of activation
- Energy Block Release sequence (EBR 1)
- Body preparation
- Establishing a regular practice
- Mechanics of breathing
- Diaphragmatic breathing
- Vertical alignment
- Vyaghrasana - tiger
- Adho mukha svanasana—downward facing dog
- Utkatasana - chair of the heart
- Balasana - child
- Parighasana - beam
- Simple inversion
- Uttanasana - standing forward bend
- Paschimottanasana—sitting forward bend
- Janusirsasana - head to knee pose
- Makarasana—the crocodile
- Dru Prithvi Namaskara - Salutations to the Earth
- Dru Surya Namaskara - Salutation to the Sun
- An introduction to meditation
- How to sit properly
- Ajna centring
Anatomy and Physiology
- Overview of the nine systems
- The muscular system
- The skeletal system
- The moving spine
- Introduction to the koshas
- Introduction to the chakras
Principles of Dru Philosophy
- A brief history of yoga
- Patanjali’s Eight Limbs of Yoga
- The Yamas and Niyamas
On the course, you'll dive deep into your yoga with these 6 great modules
Anchoring in Strength
Building a Unique Space to Nourish & Transform
Freeing Your Spine - a
Blueprint for Success
Embracing Your Courage and
Living Your Dream
Seeing the World from a
Accessing Energy and
Lifting your Spirit
with Dru Yoga?
45 years ago a group of university students discovered a shared vision to create a more positive world. Today Dru is an inspired global community committed to giving back to the world.
As a social enterprise, we are dedicated to transforming the world by giving people the tools to transform themselves.
These tools include yoga, meditation and Ayurveda. So for us, yoga isn't just about movement - it's a tool to balance and heal every part of your body and mind.
Or simply have a chat.
Call Alison Massey on 07557222648
Email the team at firstname.lastname@example.org
It's all about YOU!
Self-development is the conscious pursuit of personal growth