Welcome to this session exploring an Ayurvedic understanding of how to keep your digestion healthy with Annie Jones. Today you will have the opportunity to discover more about Agni, or your digestive fire.
Some of the symptoms of an out of balance digestive tract due to low levels of digestive fire (Agni) are listed below. In Ayurveda low digestive fire expresses itself according to your 'dosha'. For more info about the doshas, see Nanna's Introduction to the Doshas.
- vata (air) constitution - anxiety, tendency to stress, sore joints, delicate digestive system
- pita (fire) constitution - inflammatory conditions, for example; IBS, skin rashes or ulcers
- kapha (earth and water) - tendency towards obesity, sluggishness or lethargy.
In this class Annie shares with you a fantastic Dru Yoga sequence to boost the main energy for digestion called the Jathara Agni.
The main postures included in this sequence are:
- Maltese Cross (abdominal twist)
- Vipariti Karani (supported shoulder stand)
- Setubhandasana (the Bridge)
- Bhujangasana (the Cobra)
- Pindasana (the Child)
- Majariasana (the Cat)
- Adho-muka-svanasana (the Dog)
- Kabalabhati breath
Complete this class with a short relaxation in Makarasana (Crocodile pose). Focus on softness, strength and nourishment from the earth. Imagine a warm sun supporting you in activating your Agni.