Quick fix series - re-energise
Welcome to this re-energising class with Dru Yoga teacher trainer, Christiane Saar. This session includes a flowing, powerful sequence called the Inner Fire. It helps us to re-ignite our strength, power, motivation and enthusiasm for life. Our inner fire is the passion and joy we experience when we are energised and empowered.
Consciously release stagnated energy from the sides of the body through the Bhima pose and the Rotated Triangle. The Warrior activates the legs and core, drawing up strength from the lower body up to the heart.
It's a strong postured based class, so please ensure you listen to your body and don't over strain. There are modifications and stages to make this session easier for those who need it.
This fun and exciting session includes:
- Forward bends, soaring eagle, warrior lunges and an iliopsoas stretch
- During these activations Christiane also invites you to imagine a 'chalice' posture, working with visualisation as you invite light into your body to energise the cells.
The Inner Fire Sequence
Christiane first demonstrates this sequence, so take a moment to watch before you join in. It consists of three parts:
- The Bhima posture - to activate solar energy, stored in the manipura (third energy centre in the body).
- The Rotated Triangle - it's function is to distribute the solar energy to the rest of the body.
- The Warrior posture - gives you added strength physically and emotionally.
Get the most out of the Inner Fire sequence:
- Guided demonstration 1 - easier version suitable for most practitioners
- Guided demonstration 2 - a more advanced version of the Inner Fire sequence, adding in a deeper stretch
- Add visualisation of light - drawing it down your arms into your heart
- Include self empowering 'inner strength' statements; "I am strong, I am confident, I am beautiful."
- Complete this dynamic session with a final power mantra: 'I am filled with abundant energy and dynamism.'
To end this class, Christiane invites you to lie down and enjoy a short deep relaxation. Visualise light filling and energising your whole body. Have a blanket ready to keep yourself warm for this lovely rest!