Relax and Unwind 1
Relax and Unwind - a three part series designed to help you pull back your power physically, mentally and spiritually.
- Session 1 Relax and unwind your body - release tensions and tiredness after a stressful day.
- Session 2 Relax and unwind your mind - reduce emotional stress, worry and anxiety.
- Session 3 Relax and unwind your soul - calm the mind and experience a deeper peace.
Each session will introduce you to the following terms and concepts:
- The term 'kosha' - see Annie's short questions and answer session on: 'What is a Kosha?'
- What is an 'Energy Block Release' (EBR) see Annie's questions and answer session on: 'What is an Energy Block Release?'
- Activations - how and why they are unique to Dru Yoga. See Annie's question and answer session on: 'What is an Activation in Dru yoga?'
Session 1 - understanding stress
Stress is one of the biggest courses of ill health. It is the cause of many conditions including insomnia, headaches, back pain and sore tight joints, muscles, fatigue and tiredness. When we are stressed, we release hormones that keep the body in a 'fight-or-flight' mode. If this state is sustained for long periods of time, our whole immune system can be compromised.
Relax and Unwind 1 includes:
- The annamaya kosha - the physical body.
- Activations - aimed at releasing tenions in the neck and shoulders, arm swings and forward bend.
- Energy Block Release 1.
- Majariasana - the Cat, to unlock tension from the spine.
- The Maltese Cross, to ease tension and tiredness out of the lower back.
- Deep relaxation.