Tratak - candle gazing
Trataka (or candle gazing) is a powerful and potent technique that can bring both joy and simultaneously calm and focus your mind. In sanskrit, the word is tratak literally means to gaze, or to look.
- improves your eyesight and vision
- provides stress relief and deep relaxation
- deepens your sleep and helps improve insomnia and nightmares
- reduces headaches
Other benefits of this technique include:
- improving concentration, intelligence and memory
- enhances self-confidence, patience and willpower
- brings greater clarity and improves decision-making ability
This technique is also an excellent method to prepare for meditation - especially mantra meditation as it calms the mind and provides inner peace and silence. Perfect for the next stage of your meditation practice. It is especially useful to develop your sense of focus and concentration which are essential to progress in your yogic practices.