Yoga for your Ayurvedic body type - Pitta
In this session, designed specifically for anyone who has a Pitta Ayurvedic body type, Nanna Coppens will guide you through movements and postures that will bring you into the present. Playfulness and fun are the key words of this session, as well as that 'pitta-must-have' hint of a challenge.
This class is aimed to slow you down and to cool your system - but with a hint of challenge too!
- fun and playful, flowing and fluid activations - the eagle breath and circling a large - imaginary - beach ball!
- Chair of the Heart posture - opening the heart and bringing a feeling of inner joy
- the mudra (hand gesture) known as the Lotus flower
- Warrior postures - to give the pitta type a mild challenge and sense of achievement; adductor (inner thigh) stretches in preparation for this posture
- the sitting spinal twist - counteracts the tension that excess pitta can create as a result of too much stress
- and now the deep relaxation you have been waiting for, but with a difference. In this deep relaxation, Nanna will introduce the humming sound, which relaxes the nervous system and helps you to arrive at the heart centre.
- end this session once more with the Lotus flower, bringing you fully into the present moment.
Are you vata, pitta or kapha? Do the Ayurvedic questionnaire (opens in a new tab) to discover your ayurvedic body type
Interested in learning more about Ayurveda? Join us on our course in Snowdonia on the 12th August 2016
Yoga for your Ayurvedic body type - Vata
Yoga for your Ayurvedic body type - Kapha