Yoga for your Ayurvedic body type - Vata
In this class Nanna Coppens guides you through a session specifically designed for anyone who has a vata ayurvedic body type. This class is also perfect for anyone (regardless of your normal body type) who may feel a little "vata" today (unbalanced, stressed or anxious).
De-stress and relax with this calming and nurturing class dedicated to balancing the vata personality.
A vata type is outgoing, friendly and creative, yet when he or she is not in balance they can be stressed, anxious and overwhelmed. Physical symptoms of an out of balance vata person are visible as conditions such as insomnia, joint pain and brain fog.
In this class we are going to reduce your vata imbalance and instead, help create a calm, grounded state of mind and body. Be prepared to feel totally nurtured, relaxed and stress free! The class will include the following:
- gentle activations - scooping the shoulders, the spinal wave and the forward bend with squat
- the Earth sequence with a vata focused modification
- the mudra (hand gesture) known as 'the Gesture of Solitude'
- the sitting spinal twist - performed in two stages, simple and advanced - which is energetically 'held in place' with a mudra called 'the mudra of centering'
- finally you are invited to lie down and relax as Nanna guides you through a calming version of the Deep Yogic Breath.
Are you vata, pitta or kapha? Do the ayurvedic questionnaire below to discover your ayurvedic body type.
An introduction to "Yoga for your Ayurvedic body type"
Yoga for your Ayurvedic body type - Pitta
Yoga for your Ayurvedic body type - Kapha