Yoga Teacher Training
Suitable for both personal development and teacher training
In-person format starting in the West Midlands in March/April 2023
Why Train with Dru Yoga?
Dru Yoga is enormously adaptable. It enables you to teach everyone in your community from those with mobility and pain challenges to those engaging in elite sports.
Dru Yoga is so adaptable that as a Dru Yoga teacher you will be able to work in any setting—from the NHS and government to your local yoga studios and community centres, schools, workplaces and elite sports. We teach you how to structure and run your classes for different bodies and intentions.
- Our training gives you the skills to plan and teach classes for everyone in your community.
We've been established for over 40 years.
We’ve trained over 4,000 Dru Yoga teachers.
Our teachers work in all kinds of settings, with many different specialities - from social prescribing to elite sports.
You’ll become a Yoga Alliance Registered 200-hour qualified teacher.
Benefit from career development opportunities with programmes in Prenatal, Kids & Teens, Yoga Therapy and Back Care & Mental Wellbeing.
As a Dru Yoga teacher you’ll be helping people to reduce stress, improve back pain, prevent injuries and transform negative thinking and disempowering emotions.
The Learning Experience
Your 12-month journey to becoming a yoga teacher
- 9 in-person training weekends held in Birmingham.
- Weekly self-guided online video training sessions.
- Learn from multi-disciplinary yoga experts.
- As part of the training you will learn:
* 32 Asanas (postures)
* 7 flowing sequences
* Meditation practices
* Pranayama techniques.
- You will also gain an understanding of:
* basic anatomy & physiology
* the subtle energetics of Dru Yoga
* yoga philosophy
- Study over 12 months so you can fit study around work and home life.
- Comprehensive training manuals. An invaluable guide for the whole of your yoga teaching journey.
- Free access to the online Dru Yoga studio featuring recorded Dru Yoga classes.
- Combines the best of Western science with ancient wisdom.
- Online course content completed where and when it suits you.
- Qualify as a 200-hour yoga teacher in one year.
Transforming the world
one posture at a time
As we celebrate 44 amazing years, we are proud of how our Dru Yoga teachers have grown their transformational communities around the world.
We take yoga off the mat and give back to the world.
As a Dru Yoga teacher, you will be able to work in any setting—from the NHS and government to schools, workplaces and elite sports.
Join thousands of Dru Yoga teachers who have created transformational communities around the world.
- Graduate as a 200-hour yoga teacher in one year
- Or choose to only do the Foundation course (first 6 course days)
- Learn from multi-disciplinary yoga experts
- Study in segments so it fits into your lifestyle
Enjoy beautifully illustrated in-depth course manuals to help your learning.
There has never been a greater need for Dru Yoga in today’s world.
With Dru you are choosing to impact yourself, other people and the planet.
Experience a Dru Yoga Training Session
Teach one of the world's leading styles of yoga. You'll be able to work alongside health professionals, in the workplace and schools.
Develop your career with our extensive postgraduate CPD training programmes—with a wide choice of areas to specialise in.
Learn from our multi-disciplinary team of teachers and specialists—combine the best of Western science with ancient wisdom.
Career development with Dru Yoga Teacher Training
With Dru training, you can take your passion all the way—offering specialised programmes to targetted clients. Be unique, authentic and true to yourself.
Further training after your 200-hour YTT will help you understand, access and apply yoga’s deep and profound benefits for yourself and your clients.
Dru’s multi-disciplinary teams have been crafting such programmes for over 40 years: combining yoga postures and sequences rooted in ancient practice with the most up-to-date practices from neuroscience, physiotherapy, osteopathy, and anthropology.
We now offer a wide range of specialities from Prenatal and Kids & Teens to Yoga Therapy and Back Care & Mental Wellbeing.
"Dru Yoga should be available in every GP surgery." Dr Hilary Jones
Book a Try Out
For personal attention—look no further!
Try Outs are all about YOU! These enjoyable and fascinating sessions offer the ideal introduction to all aspects of Dru Yoga and the course. We keep the numbers small so you can get that 1-to-1 tailored experience with one of our teacher trainers.
These highly interactive Dru Yoga and Q&As will give you a great overview. Ask questions, meet like-minded people and get a real feel for the course.