As with all professional disciplines, continuing professional development is necessary to guarantee our excellent standards as teachers.
Keep your CPD up to date
Keeping up to date with continuing professional development (CPD) and maintaining records enable you to keep your Dru Professional Network (DPN) membership current.
The CPD programme offered is designed to help you stay up to date with Dru and refresh your teaching skills.
Under the DPN Code of professional conduct, you agree to maintain your CPD. This means that Dru can confidently stand behind your qualification.
When you join the DPN please ensure you complete the CPD record and forward this with your DPN application form or email your CPD record if you join online.
teacher assistant, devon
Today's workshop was inspirational, calming, spacious, connecting!
How much CPD do I need?
CPD can be made up from both, 'professional development' and 'personal development' opportunities. See below for examples of these >
Dru Yoga teachers
For the first year after your final Dru Yoga teacher training day there is no CPD requirement. Following this first year, you will need 30 CPD points over two years, with a minimum of 12 points being professional development. Six of these points can be from professional study which must be evidenced in the CPD record. Any yoga-related book can be used (12 points may be from personal development) 6 points can be from private study on a Yoga topic.
Be part of a highly professional network of Dru Yoga & Meditation teachers!
There are so many ways to accumulate CPD points; to keep your teaching qualification current and maintain the high standards of Dru Yoga & Dru Meditation.
How do I acquire my CPD points?
You acquire CPD points from attendance at events or doing online courses. One hour of tuition = 1 CPD point unless otherwise stated.
Online Masterclasses are now worth 2 CPD points for 1 hour of class
1 to 1 Mentoring is now worth 4 CPD points for 1 hour of private mentoring with a Senior Dru Tutor.
Dru Meditation teachers
Dru Meditation CPD follows the same principles as Dru Yoga, except 18 points of CPD are required over two years with 9 points being professional development. Professional development may come from attending Dru events or using online Dru facilities that upgrade your skills, deepen your practice or help you become a better teacher.
What is professional development for Dru Yoga teachers?
It includes but is not restricted to:
- Dru Yoga advanced practitioner course
- Specific CPD events and workshops
- Dru Kids and Dru Teens
- Dru Pre-natal course
- Dru Back care course
- Dru Meditation teacher training course
- Dru Dance (postgrad level)
- Refresher training on current Dru Yoga teacher training courses
- Being a DYTT support tutor
- Receiving Dru mentoring for professional development (eg, how to teach 1:1 yoga, lesson planning, business skills, etc. This can be done in person or by phone or skype) - 4 CPD points per hour of mentoring
- Dru Yoga therapy diploma course
- Dru Star Lounge (please use the Dru Star Lounge CPD record sheet to submit Professional CPD points when using the Dru Star Lounge)
- Other CPD day or two day workshops (the number of CPD points is quoted in the event listing)
- 6 points over two years on professional study
Please note that 1 hour of professional development mentoring = 4 CPD points. (updated from 3 points in January 2021) This mentoring can be done face to face or online and can be arranged directly with any senior Dru tutor.
What about online masterclasses offered since March 2020?
The CPD points for these masterclasses are listed on the website where you book, and previously were shown as the length of the masterclass equals the number of CPD points.
From January 2021, 1 hour of online masterclasses = 1 professional CPD point PLUS 1 personal CPD point. (doubling the number of CPD points)
In addition, you may have spent a lot of time studying a particular theme from a masterclass and therefore your CPD is worth more.
If your CPD is worth more, then please record the extra time you have spent on your CPD record sheet - Click here for your copy - and explain how you have benefited from this extra study.
It is like coming home to a supportive caring family where the emphasis is on nurturing, growth and connection!
What is Personal development?
This includes but is not restricted to:
- General contact hours with Dru senior tutors
- Open Dru courses or workshops
- Attending yoga holidays and retreats at Snowdonia Mountain Lodge
- Dru Gita correspondence course
- Dru Meditation online course
- Use of the Dru Online studio with written reflection
- Volunteering at one of the Dru centres (eg Karma Yoga)
- Receiving Dru mentoring for personal development (1 hour = 4 points)
May I include other related training in my CPD record?
Yes, up to 12 points over two years of other yoga training from an accredited yoga teacher trainer can be used for your CPD. When deciding what you can include for CPD, ask yourself this question: What have I done which has developed me as a Dru Yoga teacher over the past year?
- Dru activities must make up a minimum of 12 points over two years
- activities from other schools of yoga can be up to 12 points over two years
- 6 points over two years from your Yoga study or reading
How do I record my CPD?
We have two forms to record CPD. The standard CPD Record is for most training events and the Dru Star Lounge CPD Record is for you to write your considered reflection on what you have learned from the Dru Star Lounge.
Questions about your CPD?
Talk with Jill, the DPN co-ordinator on 01248 602900 ext 217