Dru Kids & Teens
Dru Kids & Teens (DKT) teacher training is 2 modules online designed to inspire, inform and ignite a passion to work with children/teenagers and make a real difference in the world. Add another string to your bow by training as a DKT yoga teacher and take Dru into the future through the children!
Who is this course for
This course is for Dru Yoga graduates and those undergraduates who have passed their interim assessment.
On this intensive course, you'll gain all the skills necessary to teach in a range of different environments, covering the following topics:
- how to make yoga fun, engaging, meaningful and safe
- essential concepts in child psychology and development
- different approaches and content for the various age groups
- how to manage and structure classes for different groups
- adapting EBRs and sequences for children of all ages
- yoga stories, activations, games, massages, relaxations, pranayama, meditations
- yogic philosophy for teens
- ways to introduce yoga to child care centres, schools, colleges, yoga centres and into the community
- marketing strategies and business matters
Watch this space for information on future courses
Phone the Dru office if you want to talk to somebody about this course.
P 02 6161 1462
Why teach yoga to kids?
- be inspired to make a difference in the world
- discover the benefits of how yoga can work for young people
- discover the 8 Dru principles of teaching kids and teens
You will learn
- how to teach different age groups
- stages of development
- class management
- managing children with special needs
What you can teach
- bringing the Dru essence to your class
- class components (name games, activations, EBRs, sequences, yoga stories, pranayama, relaxations, meditations, massages)
- examples of how to work with EBRs and Dru sequences
- yogic philosophy for kids
- about the body
How to teach
Discover the Dru principles of teaching yoga to kids and teens and be inspired to make a difference in their lives!
- getting started - establishing your first class
- business matters
- teaching in schools
- teaching resources
- promotional resources
Course prerequisites and certification
The Dru Kids & Teens (DKT) course leads to a post graduate certification.
To be eligible for the DKT teacher training you need to either have graduated from the Dru Yoga Teacher Training (DYTT) course or have passed your DYTT interim assessment.
The course will be led by Suzanna Thell, Mouli MacKenzie and Frani Wilde.
Suzanna, an early childhood educator, has been teaching yoga to young people of all ages for over 10 years. She brings a wealth of experience from developing and teaching Dru Yoga programs within a successful business model.
Mouli is a creative yoga teacher and an experienced graphic designer, who co-created with Suzanna the extensive DKT colour manual. Mouli also has experience leading family yoga days for the young and the young at heart and brings her effervescent, joyful, energy to the DKT course.
Frani has taught children of all ages in family yoga workshops and in regular kids classes. An experienced physiotherapist, Frani also brings a wealth of knowledge about what children's bodies are capable of developmentally at different stages and how to teach anatomy to children/teens.
Be prepared for lots of laughter, inspiration, yoga play, creative expression and fun!