2024 Autumn equinox Ayurveda cleanse
Align with nature’s cycles after summer’s heat and prepare for winter!
Reignite digestion, cleanse body and mind, improve immunity and boost energy!
An opportunity—open to everyone—to join our thriving Ayurveda community from the comfort of home.
Enjoy the support and encouragement of like-minded friends on our gentle bi-annual kitcheri-based cleanse.
Bring a friend for 50%
And welcome back to our repeat cleansers who've been enjoying the benefits of cleansing with us twice a year.
Seasonal change, heralded by the Autumn equinox (on March 20th in 2024), alerts our mind and bodies to shift gears to keep functioning at our best. After the excesses of Christmas and our summer holidays, this is the time of year our liver, gall bladder and intestinal tract yearn for a good cleanse. We cleanse and reset to make sure we don't dry out too much, like the autumn leaves!
Ayurveda supports us to dance with nature's rhythms. On the seasonal cleanse you'll learn to:
- skillfully prepare recipes that are designed to fully nourish your body while you cleanse
- practise daily yoga and pranayama to fuel your digestive fire and stimulate the lymph
- enjoy relaxations and time in nature to unwind your nervous system and quieten the mind
Let's get started!
The Autumn cleanse will be great for you if you're feeling the effects of summer heat:
- signs of lymphatic congestion, water retention or sinus congestion
- bloating, wind, constipation, heartburn, acid reflux, diarrhea or constipation
- generalised aches and pains or stiff joints
- mild fatigue
- lack of mental clarity
- irregular or impaired appetite
This Dru Ayurveda gentle cleanse is for you if you
- wish to release yourself from craving unhealthy, unseasonal foods
- are ready to reset your digestion
- are committed to prioritising your health for 5 days (or 7 days for experienced cleansers)
- are self-directed and have self-discipline to follow the cleanse menus and program
- have time in your days to cook the kitcheries with accompanying condiments
- arrange your work schedule to avoid major work commitments or events on the days of the cleanse
- need a program that fits in with your family life
- have no serious medical issues, email us if you have questions
Components of the cleanse
Introductory workshops, 2 x 90 min watch in your own time
—Key Ayurvedic principles, Why cleanse and why is it significant to cleanse at the change of season?
—Stepping through all you need to know about the autumn cleanse program
Live on Zoom Introductory workshop, 10 March, 6pm AEDT
—Connect live to meet your cleansing tribe and confirm you are on track with your prep to make the most of the cleanse experience
Preparation week 10-17 March 24
Watch the videos, gather your ingredients, practice making the kitcheris and condiments
The cleanse week 18–24 March 24
5 (or 7) supervised days of cleanse
Live Zoom connections to check in with your tutors and other participants
Alternate time slots to better accommodate our WA and NZ cleansers
Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday: 6.00pm–7pm ADST
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday: 7.30pm–8.30pm ADST
What the Autumn equinox cleanse provides
When you register, you'll receive a link to a questionnaire to help us determine the current imbalances of your doshas (constitution)
and a link to the Autumn cleanse on the Dru Learning Hub, where all the following resources are stored:
- 2 x 90 min pre-recorded introductory workshops explaining key ayurvedic principles and the details of our program
- full menus for your cleanse, with all recipes and shopping list
- 5 x 20 min cooking demo videos, full of tips to cook with love, to watch in your own time
- chart of foods recommended during the cleanse and those to avoid
- daily yoga and pranayama program to magnify the benefits of the cleanse
and you'll be invited to:
- Zoom Q&A forums each evening, to check-in with your tutors and be supported and inspired by like-minded souls sharing this cleanse journey
- membership in a Whatsapp forum to post questions and share ideas, inspirations and challenges
Getting the best benefit from the cleanse
- We recommend that you make space in your life to prepare well (March 10–17)
and fully immerse yourself in the cleanse program, March 18th to 22nd (5 days) or 24th (7 days)
Take leave from work to fully enjoy preparing the food with love and to engage in the full program with yoga, pranayama and relaxations.
- Check in each evening for support, encouragement and inspiration, knowing you are not doing this on your own. keeping you motivated!
- Food is best when made with love and shared
We learn and experience it together. We connect, bond, encourage and support each other through the live evening check-ins, with a mix of small and full group forums so everyone may have their say.
- However, if you can only make a few of the Zoom connections it's OK too
If you’re not able to attend live, you can post your questions to our Whatsapp group and the tutors will respond.
Not sure whether it's for you?
- Scroll way down below to the Testimonials section to read the benefits our returning cleansers have experienced
- or email email@example.com for more information
We’ll be offering the cleanse again in Spring 24, with an introductory workshops on the evening of Monday 16th September 2024, and the cleanse days September 23 to 27 (5 days) or 29 (7 days). Keep those dates free to join us next time!
The instructions and advice presented by the Dru Ayurveda team for the autumn cleanse are not intended as medical advice or as a substitute for medical care.
Prices and booking
To ensure we care well for everyone on the program, places are limited.
Invite a friend for 50%
5 day cleanse
$ 390—full price 5 days
$ 195—50% discount offer for:
—those who have participated in any of our previous detox/cleanse programs
—your friend, so do bring one!
$ 273—30% DPN discount
7 day cleanse for experienced cleansers
$ 444—full price 7 days
$ 225—50% discount for repeat cleansers
$ 311—30% DPN discount
When you register and book in you’ll receive a welcome email with e-links to everything you need to participate:
- an online health questionnaire to help us assess your current doshic imbalance
Please follow the link, complete and submit by Friday 8th March 2024
- zoom link for the sessions during the cleanse
- access to the Dru Learning Hub with videos and pdfs of the shopping list, menu plans, cleanse program, all recipes, and chart of permitted foods
If you cancel up to 48 hours before the program commences (because of illness or some other unforseen circumstance) then we give you the option of transferring the event fee to a future Dru event.
Group cleanse with a tutor
If you would like to bring together a group of friends (minimum 5) for the cleanse and would like to invite one of the senior tutors to join you on this group cleanse, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Dru Yoga really is the Yoga of the Heart. It brings awareness to the heart space and heart - our spiritual heart. Inspiring tutors.
When I feel stressed or going through a rough time it is so amazing to remember that I have such a close support network from Dru who all share their support, love and care with everyone whenever it is needed. This love, care and support is always reciprocated.
Dru Yoga courses are such an amazing experience to have. I think everyone would benefit from having an experience like that. They teach you so many stress-relieving techniques that everyone can benefit from.
The friends and memories you make at Dru stay with you for life.
I look forward to the Dru Youth course all year round
Dru is the power tool I use to clear the debris from my body and mind.