If you love yoga and want to explore your next steps on the yogic path then look no further.
If you'd like to go deeper into your yoga practice then this unique Yoga Summit is for YOU.
Significantly deepen your yoga practice with Dru Yoga's unique mind/body therapeutic focus.
MEET THE TUTORS
Chris is one of the main architects of yoga in the West in the 21st century. As co-founder of the International School of Dru Yoga, Meditation and Ayurveda, Chris has helped thousands of people achieve better quality of life through the many yoga and meditation programmes he has developed over the last 43 years all over the globe.
He has a deep understanding of the energy bodies and how to activate and balance them. He is a practising Jyotish, and has trained many students in this ancient discipline of Vedic astrology.
Chris is a master in the uses of pranayama and prana kriya to move energy in the subtle body and he regularly trains students in these skills. His understanding of the science of yoga, as applied to health and healing, is vast, and he is renowned for his ability to make difficult subjects easy to understand. Chris is often sought after to train others and bring them closer to self-understanding.
Initially an electronic engineer, Andrew now engineers human excellence. He has taught for more than 25 years in over 30 countries. He trains people in whole-person approaches to health, self-empowerment and the healing of emotional trauma. Working alongside the UNHCR he has pioneered trauma-aware programmes in conflict zones of Europe and Africa.
Nanna is one of Europe’s most experienced and highly regarded yoga therapists and trainers. She has been training the trainers for over 20 years, bringing her unique combination of precision and awareness.
Sylvia has been teaching Dru yoga since 1990, she is an enigmatic and popular teacher and has also established herself as an expert educator and yoga therapist.
Sylvia has a thorough and deep knowledge of all aspects of yoga and demonstrates from day to day how to live a yogic life. She has pioneered many yoga therapeutic studies here in the UK, in collaboration with university departments, and was the first person to run Dean Ornish's coronary care programme in Liverpool. Having spent many years working in adult education, Sylvia is an expert in educational methods and has taught City & Guilds teacher training courses in Liverpool to many students. She is a pioneer and has coordinated many educational programmes in her various roles. Currently Sylvia chairs the Dru Curriculum Committee and also currently sits on the British Council of Yoga Therapy in charge of yoga therapy curriculum development.
- 10.30 am Live Open Plenary welcome
- 10.50 am Finding Your Purpose through Yoga with Andrew Wells
- 11.55 am Subtle Energy Awareness in Yoga with Chris Barrington
- Science and mysticism
- Changing your consciousness changes your body
- Subtle body meditation, change your perception of reality
- 12.52 pm Q&A session with Andrew Wells
- 1.15 pm Lunch
- 3.00 pm Live Open Plenary
- 3.10 pm Salutation to the Moon with
- Gentle yoga for deep ease
- Balance your life with the essence of Soma
- 3.50 pm Short Break
- 4.00 pm Yoga as a Therapy with Sylvia Barrington
- Keys to Yoga therapy
- Experience yoga therapy
- 4.30 pm Q&A session on Salutation to the Moon & Yoga Therapy
- 4.50 pm Next Steps
- 5.00 pm Q&A – Going deeper with the Dru Yoga Course
- 5.30 pm Close
The Summit will be recorded with FREE access available for 7 days only.
How is Dru Yoga different?
Dru Yoga is an evidence-supported, therapeutic style of yoga. It’s graceful, potent and based on flowing movements, directed breathing and visualisation.
Designed to be practised by people of all abilities, fitness levels and age groups it can be quickly dipped into or learned in depth over a lifetime.
- Anyone can Dru it. It’s is one of the most adaptable forms of yoga on the planet—from wheelchair to football field, young to old, Dru Yoga can be adapted to suit anyone!
- Dru is one of the very best forms of mind/body yoga as it transforms negative thinking & disempowering emotions.
- Access profound states of deep peace and relaxation. Whether dynamic or rest-filled, Dru Yoga is a potent antidote to stress.
- Strengthens the power of the heart. Dru is a heart-based healing yoga that empowers you to care more deeply for yourself, other people and the planet.
Saturday 2 April
FREE YOGA SUMMIT
10.30am - 5.30pm
Dru Yoga is one of the very best forms of mind/body yoga. It's shown to transform negative thinking and disempowering emotions. There has never been a greater need for this in society in today’s world. With Dru you are choosing to impact yourself, other people and the planet.
It's safe & effective
Dru Yoga is based on a foundation of safety, effectiveness and accessibility. Dru Yoga teachers show you how to prepare your body properly and how to use core stability and alignment.
In clinical trials Dru Yoga has shown to increase energy levels, maintain a healthy back, improve resilience to stress, enhance emotional wellbeing and reduce sickness absence.
It takes you deeper
Discover the subtle energetics of yoga through the koshas. You can even delve into the science of yogic spirituality to find greater purpose and meaning in life through your yoga practice.
Dr Ned Hartfiel
Dru Yoga is underpinned by scientific research showing its extensive benefits
This enables Dru Yoga teachers to work with large employers including private companies, county councils, schools, government agencies, professional sport teams and the NHS.
A randomised controlled trial involving 75 government workers, published in Occupational Medicine* in September 2012, showed that Dru Yoga significantly reduced both stress and back pain at work—two of the key factors leading to sickness absence.
After an eight-week programme, Dru Yoga group scores (when compared with a control group) were significantly lower for perceived stress, back pain, sadness and hostility, and significantly higher for feeling self-assured, attentive and serene.
Dru Yoga benefits you emotionally, mentally and spiritually
...all of which are likely to improve your relationships, sense of purpose and connectedness to what’s important in your life.
In 2008, research into the benefits of Dru Yoga was conducted at the University of Bangor (UK). 48 employees were randomised into a yoga group and a wait-list control group.
The yoga group were given Dru Yoga for six weeks, given three 60 minute classes per week. The wait-list control group received no intervention during the six week study but were offered free classes after the trial. Before and after measurements were obtained with the Profile of Mood States - Bipolar, and the Inventory of Positive Psychological Attitudes.
Dru Yoga participants recorded substantial increases in key areas of wellbeing
- Self-confidence during stress 650% increase
- More clear-minded - less confused 500% increase
- Life purpose and satisfaction 330% increase
- More composed - less anxious 120% increase
- More energised - less tired 270% increase
- More elated - less depressed 240% increase
- More confident - less unsure 210% increase
- More agreeable - less hostile 100% increase
With its foundations set firmly in the ancient yogic tradition, Dru Yoga's therapeutic five-kosha approach rejuvenates and empowers your whole being.