Dru Kids and Teens
Dru Kids and Teens
Dru Kids & Teens (DKT) teacher training is a 3-day intensive designed to ignite a passion to work with children/teenagers and make a real difference in the world. Add another string to your bow by training as a DKT yoga teacher!
Who is this course for?
This course is for qualified Dru Yoga teachers and student Dru Yoga teachers who can practice once gaining their Dru Yoga qualification. On this intensive, you'll gain all the skills necessary to teach in a range of different environments, covering the following topics:
- How to make yoga fun, engaging, meaningful and safe
- Essential concepts in child psychology and development
- Different approaches and content for the various age groups
- How to manage and structure classes for different groups
- Adapting EBRs and sequences for children of all ages
- Yoga stories, activations, games, massages, relaxations, pranayama, meditations
- Yogic philosophy for teens
- Ways to introduce yoga to child care centres, schools, colleges, yoga centres and into the community
- Marketing strategies and business matters
To be eligible for the Dru Kids & Teens teacher training you need to be either a DYTT graduate or have passed your DYTT interim assessment.
Be prepared for lots of laughter, inspiration, yoga play, creative expression and fun!
Find out more about upcoming courses
We run Dru Kids and Teens courses at various locations in the UK. Contact us for details!
Discover the Dru principles of teaching yoga to kids and teens and be inspired to make a difference in their lives!
Why teach yoga to kids?
- Be inspired to make a difference in the world
- Discover the benefits of how yoga can work for young people
- Discover the 8 Dru principles of teaching kids and teens
Who you can teach
- Different age groups
- Stages of development
- Class management
- Managing children with special needs
What you can teach
- Bringing Dru essence to your class
- Class components (name games, activations, EBRs, sequences, yoga stories, pranayama, relaxations, meditations, massages)
- Examples of how to work with EBR'S and Dru sequences
- Yogic philosophy for kids
- About the body
How to teach
- Getting started—establishing your first class
- Business matters
- Teaching in schools
- Teaching resources
- Promotional resources