Dru Yoga Foundation Course
The Dru Yoga Online Foundation course is ideal for everyone who is looking for self-development and improved health and wellbeing. As well as increasing strength and flexibility the purpose of yoga is to create inner stability and fulfilment, essential for living a meaningful life.
The Foundation Course is the first part of the Dru Yoga 200 hour Teacher Training diploma course, and, upon completion, you will have the option to continue on to train as a Dru Yoga teacher.
Why Dru Yoga?
Dru Yoga has shown in scientific studies to reduce stress, improve back pain, prevent injuries and transform negative thinking and disempowering emotions.
There has never been a greater need for this in today’s world. With Dru, you are choosing to impact yourself, other people and the planet.
‘Yoga is not about touching your toes it’s about what you learn on the way down.’
Total Interactive time 49 hours
- In between the course dates, each Monday you will receive an email that will give you access to your weekly yoga practice. Over the course this amounts to approximately 30 hours of teaching and instructional videos. Together with supporting written material you will be able to learn at your own pace.
- To add to your learning we offer a once a month small group tutorial with one of the course tutors. You will be able to connect and discuss your yoga practice.
- You will have access to the Dru Learning Hub for the duration of the course.
Live streaming Interactive days
- May 22nd
- June 18/19
- July 23/24
- Sept 17/18
Principles of Dru Yoga
- Principles of activation
- Energy Block Release sequence (EBR 1)
- Body preparation
- Establishing a regular practice
- Mechanics of breathing
- Diaphragmatic breathing
- Vertical alignment
- Vyaghrasana - tiger
- Adho mukha svanasana—downward facing dog
- Utkatasana - chair of the heart
- Balasana - child
- Parighasana - beam
- Simple inversion
- Uttanasana - standing forward bend
- Paschimottanasana—sitting forward bend
- Janusirsasana - head to knee pose
- Makarasana—the crocodile
- Dru Prithvi Namaskara - Salutations to the Earth
- Dru Surya Namaskara - Salutation to the Sun
- An introduction to meditation
- How to sit properly
- Ajna centring
Anatomy and Physiology
- Overview of the nine systems
- The muscular system
- The skeletal system
- The moving spine
- Introduction to the koshas
- Introduction to the chakras
Principles of Dru Philosophy
- A brief history of yoga
- Patanjali’s Eight Limbs of Yoga
- The Yamas and Niyamas
We will explore the fundamentals of Dru yoga including Asana, Yoga sequences, Energy Block Release, Pranayama, an introduction to the Chakras, Meditation and Relaxation.
The Foundation course is part of the Dru Yoga 200 hour Teacher Training diploma course. Upon completion of the Foundation course, you have the option to continue on to train as a Dru Yoga teacher.
You will be introduced to the principles of Dru Yoga through interactive sessions and recorded materials. It will provide you with everything you need for successful personal yoga practice.
Your next step
Ask questions & have a chat!
Call Joshna Patel
07957 424381 or 01902 409164
What people say...
About the Dru Yoga Teacher Training Course
Start a wonderful period of in-depth learning, building personal and professional skills and establishing new friendships. Now is the time to embark on an exciting journey of self-discovery!
Whatever your yoga ambitions, you’ll find that Dru Yoga is an empowering, energising and balancing approach to vitality, health and well-being.
With many hundreds in training each year, we are now one of the largest yoga organisations. You can be confident that your training:
- registered 200 hour with the Yoga Alliance
- is based on a comprehensive, in-depth syllabus
- offers free, unlimited access to online video resources to support you during the course
- is recognised by both national and international yoga organisations
- leads to membership of a vibrant global network of Dru teachers.
It's all about YOU!
Self-development is the conscious pursuit of personal growth