Dru Yoga therapy diploma
The Dru Yoga therapy diploma course is taught by an international team of yoga, health and medical professionals. This cutting edge course brings together ancient wisdom and modern complementary medicine.
This course enables you to:
- deepen your knowledge of yoga as a therapy
- assist your clients with a wide variety of physical and psychological conditions
- establish your own clinic working with small groups and individuals liaising with health professionals to ensure optimum care for your clients
- make an impact on the health of your students & clients.
Learn Dru Yoga Therapy and have confidence in creating specific therapeutic programmes to promote health and work with a variety of conditions. Whether you include yoga therapy in the classroom, or whether you wish to start a Dru Yoga Therapy practice, you will find this course perfect for you.
This course is accredited with the British Council of Yoga therapists and successful candidates are eligible to register with the Complementary and Natural Healthcare council.
Dru Yoga teacher
I taught a six week Dru Yoga Therapy programme to a client who had uncontrolled epilepsy and chronic pain - which prevented him from sleeping more than two hours at a time. He now takes no painkillers and sleeps all night.
Who is this course for?
We are looking for experienced yoga teachers who are looking to develop their knowledge and skills to work in the field of yoga therapy. Yoga therapy is an emerging therapeutic approach for individuals and small groups to help heal a wide range of specific conditions and promote health.
Dru Yoga and therapy
The Dru Yoga approach is based in yoga therapy. All Dru Yoga practices are designed to use the panch-kosha, or five layer system that is integral to understanding the causes of illness and help find yoga solutions.
Your course will consist of a comprehensive syllabus of 6 x 4 day modules and 2 x 6 day modules.
Home study Programme
The completion of 4 therapeutic case studies
- reflective observation of experienced yoga therapist
- scope and limitations of practice - project
- yoga philosophy in practice - assignment
- legislation and Business Assignment
- communication skills assignment
- Applied Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology written paper
- design of health questionnaires, clinical assessment questionnaires, design of relevant forms for accurate record keeping
- 35 hours of observed clinical practice
- summative assessment of yoga therapy practice.
Ready to take the next step? Dru Yoga Therapy is for you!
All Dru Yoga practices are designed to use the panch-kosha, or five layer system that is integral to understanding the causes of illness and help find yoga solutions.
Requirements of the course
- all modules are mandatory the course requires 100% attendance
- trainees are required to undertake yoga therapy sessions with an experienced yoga therapist
- the course consists of 50% practicum, 30% Theory and 20% research
- the course is considered to meet requirements at level 4 within the UK
- the 550 hour Dru Yoga Therapy training course will take place at our Dru Centre in North Wales
Interested in becoming a yoga therapist?
Enhance your yoga teaching career. Contact us for information on next start date.
Chef and yogi
The Dru Course offers a complete package— regular retreats, personal development, structure for your practice at home, skills to teach, and practical ways to give back to the world.
Module 1: Yoga Therapy - core principles and practice
Module 2: Yoga - therapeutic approach to structural dysfunction
Module 3: The principles and practice of chakra analysis for yoga therapy
Module 4: (Yoga Therapy and the systems of the body 1) - Neuro-endocrine systems
Clinical practice 1
Module 5: (Yoga Therapy and the systems of the body 2) - Respiratory and circulatory systems
Module 6: (Yoga Therapy and the systems of the body 3) - Serious degenerative disease
Module 7: (Yoga Therapy and the systems of the body 4) - Mental and emotional health and wellbeing
Dru Yoga Therapy as a business
Learn the business skills you will need to make your Dru Yoga Therapy practice really successful.
Clinical practice 2 (practical assessments)
- Personal and professional relationships
- Becoming a yoga therapist
- Assessment and evaluation
Ready to take the next step ...
Take your yoga career to a whole new level. Contact us to find out more >