Group Mentoring: Health & Wellness series - Supercharge your Joy & Spirituality with Annie Jones - Session 3
Infuse your health and spirituality with joy with Annie Jones.
Join me for a fun session looking at how to keep the Manomaya strong and vibrant and joy filled.
We will explore:
What foods keep your body happy
Movement to open the Heart and Hrit chakra
Meditation and mantra to soothe the mind and emotions
lifestyle tips to keep you happy!
About the Manomaya kosha and how to keep it balanced
The Manomaya Kosha is one of the five layers or sheaths that make up the human being, according to the ancient yogic philosophy of the Pancha Kosha model. It is often referred to as the "mental body" or the "mind sheath." This layer encompasses our thoughts, emotions, and mental processes.
To nourish and maintain the balance of the Manomaya Kosha on a day-to-day basis, you can consider the following practices:
- Meditation Regular meditation practice can help you become more aware of your thoughts and emotions. By observing them without judgment, you can gain insight into your mental patterns and gradually develop greater control over your mind.
- Yoga Physical postures in yoga not only benefit the physical body but also have a calming and balancing effect on the mind. Incorporating yoga into your daily routine can help keep your Manomaya Kosha in equilibrium.
- Breath Control (Pranayama) Pranayama techniques involve regulating the breath. By consciously controlling your breath, you can influence your mental state, reducing stress and promoting mental clarity.
- Positive Affirmations Repeating positive affirmations can help reprogram your mind and replace negative thought patterns with more constructive ones. This can contribute to a healthier Manomaya Kosha.
- Journaling Keeping a journal to record your thoughts and emotions allows you to explore your inner world. It can be a helpful tool for self-reflection and understanding your mental processes.
- Gratitude Practice Cultivating an attitude of gratitude can shift your focus from negativity to positivity. Regularly acknowledging the things you're thankful for can improve your mental well-being.
- Limiting Stressors Identify and minimize sources of stress in your life. Stress can negatively impact your Manomaya Kosha, so it's essential to manage it effectively.
- Healthy Diet Nutrition plays a role in mental health. Consuming a balanced diet rich in nutrients can support brain function and emotional well-being.
- Adequate Sleep Getting enough quality sleep is crucial for mental health. It allows your mind to rest and recharge, helping to maintain the balance of your Manomaya Kosha.
- If you are finding that your mental health is struggling – then ask for help from a friend or a professional.
Spirituality of Yoga Course
The spirituality of yoga course and sangha have connected all the dots in my life and have given me a greater sense of connection to my Self and to all the beautiful souls around me.
It's a course for life; for living. It's not work, but it requires the highest personal effort, but the gift is beyond your wildest imaginings. You can be your best self and the support you will find around you will enable this. Laughter, truth, honesty, love and balance. Just do it, it's a beautiful experience.
I enjoyed everything about this workshop. Nice to be on the receiving end. Padma's introduction to the koshas. The very interesting technique for the diaphragm and diaphragmatic breathing. The pear tree partner work and flowing individual sequence.