Online Postgrad Back Care & Wellbeing Course for Social Prescribing - August-November 2020
This research-based course is open to all qualified yoga teachers and will cover common stress management and wellbeing issues centred around back pain, anxiety, depression and panic attacks.
You will learn easy-to-apply yoga solutions facilitating myofascial stretching, gradual muscle strengthening and healthy breathing. Practical application of the latest research around the many functions of the vagus nerve will give you a deep and nuanced understanding of the human relaxation response.
What does the course include?
- 16 hours live online teaching (and the downloadable replays of these sessions)
- at least 10 hours of downloadable teaching sessions to engage with in your own time
- Working in small groups with tutor guidance on issues arising from case studies plus other topics drawn from yoga and medical understanding
- Comprehensive 50 page manual – including teaching plans, medical guidelines and background research
What will you learn?
- 3 extensive and progressive yoga programmes on which to base your classes
- programmes for wellbeing
- Trauma sensitive and compassionate teaching approach
- Insights into the latest research on the many functions of the vagus nerve, musculo-fascial release, the psoas muscle
- New approaches to using breathing and relaxation techniques
Where can it take you?
- This course will revolutionise the way you’re teaching your current yoga classes
- You will be confident to start teaching in companies or other workplace settings
- You will be equipped to start teaching in the NHS, social prescribing and other contexts
Some of the course tutors are part of national workgroup setting standards for social prescribing.
How will the course be delivered?
We will meet up online on 15 & 16 August and 21 & 22 November. Each day will have 4 live contact hours. Between the August and November modules there will be small group sessions. If you’re unable to attend a live session you can always catch up as you will receive replays of all the live sessions.
How many CPD points will you get?
This course will give you 30 CPD points.
Standard course fee is £299
Fee for DPN members is £255
Want to upgrade the Dru Back Care certificate you already have?
You can take part in this course, receive all the downloads, and take part in the small group sessions for only £125.
For more information or to discuss this course, please contact Padma McIntyre on email@example.com
Dru Ayurveda & Yoga workshop:- A thoroughly enjoyable day, enlightening me to how I can work on my health and happiness with minimal effort - great for a kapha type!
A perfect day. I felt a bit tired in the afternoon and a little resistent to working in a group - it turned out to be the best bit!! Full of joy!
I’ve experiences the postures as never before. We looked at them in so much detail I could really see and feel the benefits. Working in pairs was useful with a member of staff on hand to observe.
Other events you might be interested in...
Session 1 - Finding your niche and creating your Master Action Plan Having the information is great - but how do you go about manifesting the yoga... more
'Upskill Your Yoga Business' Summer School 2022
6 July, 2022.Learn how to optimise social media, community building, and attract your success. In these three special sessions, we introduce you to the many... more
Vedic Astrology Group Mentoring - 15 July 2022
15 July, 2022.In these interesting times, how do we adapt to the influences of the seasons and the planets? This group mentoring will help you understand Vedic... more
Blissful Meditation, Mantra and Gong Bath - 21 July 2022
21 July, 2022.Enjoy the soothing effects of blissful meditation after a nurturing mantra and gong bath. You'll enjoy ancient Vedic mantras, a variety of... more
Learn how to improve your energy on all levels and on the five koshas (layers) of your being. Utilising the Ayurveda five pathway formula.
Session 2 - Building Your Audience on Social media. Now we come to the magic part - optimising your profiles, your presence in the world, so people... more
Yoga & Meditation Summer Retreat in Snowdonia
8 August, 2022.Join the Dru team for a face-to-face summer retreat in some of the world’s most beautiful scenery - the landscape of Snowdonia-Eryri.
Upskill Your Business - Session 3: Create a Supportive Network
31 August, 2022.Session 3 - Create a Supportive Class Environment, Run Workshops to Meet Their Needs. A Dru teacher's unique attraction is their ability to... more
Ayurveda Foundation Course 2022
12 November, 2022.A clear and concise course providing an in-depth working knowledge of Ayurveda which you can easily apply to your life to stay healthy, calm and... more