Ayurveda Certificate course
Ayurveda Certificate course
Ayurvedic Certificate course
A simple, clear and common sense course providing an in-depth working knowledge of Ayurveda which you can easily apply to your life to stay healthy, calm and balanced in this 21st century world.
What is Ayurveda
According to the ancient healing science of Ayurveda, every living and non-living thing in the Universe is made up of a combination of 5 basic elements – Space, Air, Fire, Water and Earth. Our human body is also made up of these 5 elements in various compositions. They manifest in the human body as 3 basic principles or subtle energies known as doshas: Vata, Pitta and Kapha.
- Space + air combine to form Vata
- Fire + water combine to form Pitta
- Water + earth combine to form Kapha
Everything outside of us affects what happens inside us
Bringing our doshas into balance enables us to function at our highest level has humah beings.
We are affected by everything around us
This is why everything outside of us can affect what goes on inside of us. We can be so affected by the food we eat, the herbs or supplements we take, what we drink, the seasons of the year, the environment around us, even what type of exercise we do and therapies we have, have a particular type of impact on our body, mind and emotions.
Knowledge of the doshas
Knowledge of the 5 elements and the 3 doshas is essential in order to lead happy and healthy lives. When they are in balance, we are able to function at our highest level as human beings. By understanding the positive and negative aspects of each element and dosha, we can design our life in such a way that we can live the life we want to—healthy, happy and fulfilled.
The course contents
1. Ayurvedic nutrition
- History of Ayurveda
- The 5 elements
- The 3 doshas (find out which dosha you are)
- The 3 gunas
- The 20 gunas
- Vata, Pitta and Kapha in-depth
- Food plans for vata, pitta and kapha (and how to adjust a menu according to the needs of different doshas)
- How to correct imbalances through diet
- Faulty food combining
- Agni and ama
Nutrition for your dosha
Learn how to adjust a menu to suit the needs of different doshas.
Correct imbalances through diet
Learn about faulty food combining
2. Ayurvedic lifestyle and herbs
- Agni and ama (in-depth)
- Different types of agni in the body
- Ama pachana (simple detox the ayurvedic way)
- The dhatus and the process of digestion
- The healing power of herbs and spices (your kitchen is your medicine chest)
- How to correct imbalances through lifestyle
- Dinacharya (a daily routine to keep you vibrant)
- Seasonal changes
- Prana, tejas and ojas
Delve into the amazing world of Ayurveda
Find out more about the Ayurvedic Certificate course ....
3. Subtle aspects of Ayurveda
- Yoga for the doshas
- The 15 subdoshas in depth
- Simple tongue diagnosis
- Subtle healing with colours, gemstones, metals and essential oils
- Practical - cooking your ayurvedic meal for the seasons
- Attuning with nature
4. Meditation and mantra
- 6 stages of disease
- Simple pulse diagnosis
- Ama pachana revisited
- Overview ayurvedic therapies
- Sound therapy for the doshas