Ayurveda Certificate course
Ayurveda Certificate course
Ayurvedic Certificate Course
An in-depth working knowledge of Ayurveda which you can easily apply to your life to stay healthy, calm and balanced.
What is Ayurveda
According to the ancient healing science of Ayurveda, every living and non-living thing in the Universe is made up of a combination of 5 basic elements – Space, Air, Fire, Water and Earth. Our human body is also made up of these 5 elements in various compositions. They manifest in the human body as 3 basic principles or subtle energies known as doshas: Vata, Pitta and Kapha.
- Space + air combine to form Vata
- Fire + water combine to form Pitta
- Water + earth combine to form Kapha
Everything outside of us affects what happens inside us
Bringing our doshas into balance enables us to function at our highest level has humah beings.
We are affected by everything around us
This is why everything outside of us can affect what goes on inside of us. We can be so affected by the food we eat, the herbs or supplements we take, what we drink, the seasons of the year, the environment around us, even what type of exercise we do and therapies we have, have a particular type of impact on our body, mind and emotions.
Knowledge of the doshas
Knowledge of the 5 elements and the 3 doshas is essential in order to lead happy and healthy lives. When they are in balance, we are able to function at our highest level as human beings. By understanding the positive and negative aspects of each element and dosha, we can design our life in such a way that we can live the life we want to—healthy, happy and fulfilled.
The course contents
1. Ayurvedic nutrition
- History of Ayurveda
- The 5 elements
- The 3 doshas (find out which dosha you are)
- The 3 gunas
- The 20 gunas
- Vata, Pitta and Kapha in-depth
- Food plans for vata, pitta and kapha (and how to adjust a menu according to the needs of different doshas)
- How to correct imbalances through diet
- Faulty food combining
- Agni and ama
Nutrition for your dosha
Learn how to adjust a menu to suit the needs of different doshas.
Correct imbalances through diet
Learn about faulty food combining
2. Ayurvedic lifestyle and herbs
- Agni and ama (in-depth)
- Different types of agni in the body
- Ama pachana (simple detox the ayurvedic way)
- The dhatus and the process of digestion
- The healing power of herbs and spices (your kitchen is your medicine chest)
- How to correct imbalances through lifestyle
- Dinacharya (a daily routine to keep you vibrant)
- Seasonal changes
- Prana, tejas and ojas
Delve into the amazing world of Ayurveda
Find out more about the Ayurvedic Certificate course ....
3. Subtle aspects of Ayurveda
- Yoga for the doshas
- The 15 subdoshas in depth
- Simple tongue diagnosis
- Subtle healing with colours, gemstones, metals and essential oils
- Practical - cooking your ayurvedic meal for the seasons
- Attuning with nature
4. Meditation and mantra
- 6 stages of disease
- Simple pulse diagnosis
- Ama pachana revisited
- Overview ayurvedic therapies
- Sound therapy for the doshas
Ayurveda retreats, events and courses
Online Masterclass - Bliss out in Relaxation with Ayurveda
15 April, 2020.registration open till 31 DecRelax, bliss out and discover how to transform your health! In this extended masterclass, Nanna Coppens and Chandra Goswami will lead you into the... more
registration open till 31 DecLalita and Chandra are renowned for their ability to take us into the warmth of fullness - followed by a stillness that recharges you in your life... more
registration open till 31 DecJoin Annie Jones and Jane Clapham for tips and techniques to find joy even in the most challenging times.
registration open till 31 DecWith nearly half the world working from home - how do we make it a triumph of our spirituality??? Tonight we're going to explore how to keep... more
registration open till 31 DecDigestion and microbiome as keys for optimum health. Dr. Janey Fitzgerald explains the importance of gut health for immunity and adaptability. Nanna... more
Ayurveda Health Coach Diploma in Snowdonia, September 2021
1 September, 2021. SnowdoniaPromote health and wellbeing from an Ayurvedic perspective – by giving individual consultations and treatment advice to clients on diet, lifestyle,... more